Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Hale Hentges decision coming

ab1993's picture
May 25, 2014 at 1:08pm
34 Comments

Hale Hentges announcing tonight at 7pm. He just visited Missouri Tuesday.

teddyballgame's picture

plenty of crystall ball predictions in the last week...the day of reckoning is finally upon us.

WesPatterson23's picture

I fear the worst. Birm CB'd him to FSU, but hopefully coach Hinton has reeled him in.

Woodshed's picture

Bama doesn't even recruit anymore, they just choose for the most part. They will have 16 commits after tonight with an average rating of 94.

think about that, 16. Osu has 2. Yikes

+2 HS
skid21's picture

But we shouldn't be concerned. Trust Urban.

-3 HS
tdible2132's picture

Not looking good. Wiltfong just predicted Bama and he's usually spot on. This class has been testing all of us, but it's only going to make it that much sweeter when things pan out well. At least I hope they pan out... Ha

BassDropper's picture

I don't always trust the crystal ball, but when I do, I trust Birm's crystal ball.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

Right or wrong, whenever you see guys pick Alabama kind of unexpectedly, the bag full of money theme always, and I mean always, crosses my mind. Understood Alabama is a great football program with much to offer, but when a sudden swing makes them the choice, visions of former UA players showing wads of cash in their hands is inevitable.

-2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Hentges isn't that kind of kid.

LouGroza's picture

You get I am not saying he is that kind of kid, right?  Besides, who really knows unless you know the kid personally? My point is that is what comes to mind in that situation. It comes from seeing and reading about their guys in so many different situations with cash or cars or suits that no college kid has money for. Maybe I am the only one that looks at it like that.

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I don't know the kid personally, but he does not seem like type. I'm sure Derek (our old friend) can vouch for that since he now covers prospects for Scout in Hentges' region. I really don't look at it that way. It's not too farfetched for a kid to want to play for Alabama.

Weather, campus is nice, Southern belles, Nick Saban as your head coach, the talent they put in the NFL, the chance to win a title almost annually. What is there not to like?

I'm not saying they are clean, but not every recruit accepts cash that goes to Alabama. Now.. Tennessee? That's a different story.

+2 HS
LouGroza's picture

Well according to Birm, it doesn't look like it will be OSU.  Hope we can grab another good one. Maybe Jackson Harris will be a possibility now. Just like Hentges and Clark not wanting to go to the same school, Harris may not want to share the spotlight either. Guess we will see what happens.

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Oh I know it's not OSU. He was pretty close to committing. The ship has sailed though.

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I didn't downvote your posts, btw.

+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

Its' cool, no problem. Thanks for the discussion. Guess the SEC bag men are well-liked on this board. I'll have to have a beer with one of those guys.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

This could open Jackson Harris back up!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

He looks good in S&G:

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Baugh really needs to put it together this year. And the offense needs to start highlighting the TE more. I'm sure we are being negatively recruited based on the past couple of seasons. 

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Baugh killed in the spring. Looks like he's finally getting it together. He will absolutely challenge Vannett for the starting job in 2015.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

hobochops987's picture

25 crystal balls to alabama today alone.

Trust in UFM

+1 HS
bethmowins's picture
+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

So now they have 20 TEs, 40 RBs, and 100 OLmen. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
brunstar's picture

Sigh, it must be nice to not have to worry about scholarship numbers.  I don't expect former LSU Chancellor Mark Emmert to outlaw SEC oversigning any time soon.

Oh well, next man up.

+2 HS
mtrotb's picture

Next man up left a month ago.

mtrotb

+3 HS
GirthBrooks's picture

1.Put all chips in baskets A&B
2. Slow play options C&D
3. C&D commit elsewhere tired of waiting
4. Miss on A&B
5. Forced to go with option E
(Basically our recruiting philosophy)

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Ya that's how we have had top 5 classes the last 2 years..

+4 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture

Exactly. It's obvious this staff is clueless when it comes to recruiting. <rolls eyes>

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
CincyBuckeye31's picture

Best of luck to him.  Just opens up an opportunity for another talented kid.

Byaaaahhh's picture

So... Chris Clark...?

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

All *ichigan from what I understand.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Highly unlikely at this point.

+1 HS