Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

QB Justin Cook Will Walk-On at Ohio State

Jordan Wagner's picture
May 23, 2014 at 2:12pm
26 Comments

Western Reserve Academy (Hudson, Ohio) quarterback Justin Cook has accepted a preferred walk-on spot with Ohio State, per his coach. 

Here is some film from the newest Buckeye. 

toad1204's picture

Its almost a gray box and its Friday.  Commencing Gif Party.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+7 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Just a little background this is Conner Cooks little brother that use to beat his ass daily. Made his bitch ass sleep on the top bunk and stole the cornbread straight off his plate. All jokes aside this kid looks like he has a lot of talent and can really sling the rock. Like the 4/5 WR spread they were running. Was that a air-raid offense?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Killer nuts's picture

Check out the formation at the 1:26 mark, we may need to use that with all the burners Urban has brought in

+1 HS

WoW is  that 6 WR 1 RB formation even legal in  college? The block that wide out put on the CB was nasty as hell.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

OSUpawn's picture

If he went to Western Reserve He doesn't need a scholarship.  WRA is very expensive!  Buckeye Nation Welcomes you!

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Its one of the best schools (academically) in the world. So at the very least, he's going to have a high IQ and stay out of trouble. And yeah, WRA costs about as much as Ohio State does. I grew up right off their campus.

+2 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I work in construction and we do a lot of work there.  I have been in half a dozen of their dorm/pre 1920 houses.  It does have the college feel.  We might have found our new Craig Krenzel.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Unheralded, back-up qb, with potential to be a fan favorite?

I know someone who is happy...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+11 HS
BoFuquel's picture

Welcome aboard Justin, good luck. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Is it just me, or does it seem that every throw in that video is floated with no zip on the ball?  Could lead to easy INT's if playing against athletic DBs.  He is accurate with the ball though.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Have to say I totally agree. But, its easier to improve arm strength than accuracy. Enter: Coach Mick.

+2 HS

Braxton rifles every throw full force and you rarely see him put touch on the ball..We need a kid that can do both and meet us in the middle.

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture

But but but...what does this mean for Torrance Gibson?!

+5 HS
BroJim's picture

Worth a shot. 

I season my simple food with hunger

439LawDog's picture

Who is this Torrance Gibson that you mentioned???Never heard of him..has he been mentioned on 11W before???

+3 HS
Patriot4098's picture

Does this mean we only take one scholie QB with this class? If so, I imagine Urban feels pretty good about who they expect to fill that one scholie.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

Jordan Wagner's picture

I'd imagine this has zero impact on future QB recruiting. 

hardkorethree's picture

Like Jordan said.. He's a preferred walk-on, very doubtful it has any impact in regards to scholarship qb's.

DenBuck's picture

Can he lead our 2015 recruiting class? 

Buckeye For Life

BassDropper's picture

Birm: Is this what you were referring to in regards to the QB position post you made earlier in the week?

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
jkleva's picture

Our Tim Tebow! I'm tired of these kids that want to make a spectacle out of everything they do. I will take a hard nose, blue collar, grind it out warrior, Great State of Ohio kid anytime! 

+6 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I'm no expert on film, but if you told me he was a 4 or 5 star I would believe it after watching the highlights.

Seattle Linga's picture

Great news on any front!

45buckshot's picture

obviously, if he's a smart kid, we have a vacancy left behind by a certain jazzy smooth player… ;)

nah, that would be great, but i'm guessing he's scout team. still, scout team is important… 

Veni, vidi, vici

UM3

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

Welcome to THE Buckeye Nation Justin! :D

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

countrybuckeye's picture

Scout Teamer.   Jazzy Smoother.   Hard nose, blue collar grinder.   Touch passer.   Brainiac-er ala Craig Krenzel-er.   High football IQ-er.   And, "Prolly can afford the Scholly considerin' his highschool"-er.

UFM must be smiling.   This young man will be part of the glue holding the team together in the locker room, me thinks.