Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard

iansagester's picture
May 23, 2014 at 10:52am
24 Comments

Justin just released his top 5 choices that include in no order:

Alabama

Iowa

Notre Dame

Michigan

OSU

Unky Buck's picture

Seems to be what everyone was thinking already. At least he has that out of the way now and we officially know who we are dealing with here.

TheBadOwl's picture

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If we want to catch up with Gibson threads, yes.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+14 HS
MackRM408's picture

He'll be going to ND.

-6 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Smh, if you have an opinion, share why you feel that way, otherwise you aren't contributing to the thread at all... I could sit here and say "He's going to Oregon!", or "He's going to Middle Tenn St!", or "He going to Arkansas to help underprivileged, obese head coaches learn to read!" but if I don't say why I think that, it just makes me look like a troll... dont be a troll... 

+6 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

He won't be going to ND.

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

Don't know why not when he is going to a catholic school now in an area where Notre Dame is known to had great success in the past.

+2 HS
rdubs's picture

At least one national recruiting expert tentatively agrees: 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

This isn't the same dude that notoriously overrates the ND prospects every year and helps them pack the Army All-American game is it?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
allinosu's picture

Like it or not ND has a big dog in this fight.

+1 HS

Any Greater Catholic League kid coming out of Cincy has everyone thinking ND is the leader. Been like that for as long as I can remember.And usually true. But I have never seen one of those prospects make the amount of visits Hilliard has to tOSU. He has invested a lot of time and money to come to Columbus. Usually when I make judgments on where kids will end up I say follow their actions not their words. Anyone one know if he has made even remotely the same amount of trips to ND?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Similarly, people assumed that Damon Webb was a Michigan lock because he was coming from Cass Tech. Precedent and pipelines are important but it's ultimately irresponsible to assume that every individual player will follow suit.

Hell, wasn't there a Glenville kid who ended up at USC a few years back?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS

Walker the big OT that spurned us late for USC, Webb committed pretty early to tOSU and him and his family were leaders of last years class,We have Coombs and it is starting to pay dividends in Cincy,Getting Hubbard last year was huge, Things are a changing for the better.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

I would say he's trending Buckeye...along with the moved up timeline, bodes well for OSU.

+3 HS

*ichgan being higher then ND and Iowa shows that you cant count on the graphs accuracy. Both schools should be way higher then the weasels.

KBonay's picture

I'm not particular about numbers, but if you notice, the 'trend' has Buckeyes the only school gaining traction. Add the 1745 visits*, the full court press from staff and the moved up time-table of deciding, my personal feeling is this is looking much better for Buckeyes then it was, say, 2 months ago.

BuckeyeJ's picture

+ Kwon. If he does come back like kwon asked him to then you would have to see it favor the good guys

You are correct on him becoming a Buckeye..I'm a gambling man and Id lay it all on the Bucks right now.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

***  I was way off on his visit count...

+5 HS
ab1993's picture

Where did you guys see he's moving up his timeline?

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

I was looking for specific article, but I can't find it.  He was supposed to announce during or end of senior season, but has moved that up to before season starts.  Again, I can't quote that, but almost certain that was what I read. 

Becool12's picture

I think that Hilliard is going to be a great get for someone. I am no expert but I kinda fear Iowa's chances. I don't think they're as big of a threat as they used to be, but they do have a lot of factors and things other schools can't offer. And their depth chart isn't as competitive as the other schools

KBonay's picture
+1 HS

3 of those don't belong....