Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ohio State's Keeping Up With Hilliard

Gray Box's picture
May 21, 2014 at 6:51pm
39 Comments

Justin Hilliard has visited Ohio State a number of times already, but that doesn't mean Ohio State is slowing down their recruitment of him any. Even though he visited last weekend, Coombs and Fickell will be at his school on Thursday.

Ohio State has also sent him a some flyers/artwork recently that he seems to like:

Hilliard
Draft
Gray Box's picture

This is for anyone that missed his tweet from his visit last weekend:

+7 HS
B1G_Deal's picture

This sick linebacker linebackering corps if Flavo and Fickell can pull it off ,, me im thinkin Meyer gets personal touch in for the cake,s icing

Closer is Meyer

-3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
Flavo

I didn't realize that he was a coach.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

He could be the leader we desperately need in this class.Keep the heat on him.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I agree with most people that if you only need to keep 1 Ohio guy this year in state it's him. I am a huge EGW fan, but this kids the most important one.

teddyballgame's picture

We gotta have Baker too though. 

+5 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture

Sounds like the odds of landing Hilliard have greatly increased.

osu407's picture

That top picture is extremely similar to one we sent to Kwon and that obviously worked out well for us.

skid21's picture

I think it is the exact same except the name.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

He and Raekwon will be the bash brothers.

Hovenaut's picture

Good vibes here.

Fitting post from Gray Box.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

He just looks so right in the picture with that Ohio St. Jersey on !!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

+1 HS
CincyBuckeye31's picture

Linebacker U! Fingers crossed on this one!

+1 HS
DerryKing's picture

If I were to make a recruiting photo for Hilliard, do you think they would use it? Or am I being that guy? I have something pretty cool in mind.

+2 HS
Jdadams01's picture

Please, I repeat, PLEASE do not send him anything yourself. 

+8 HS
osu407's picture

Send suggestions to Sammy Silverman please

+2 HS
skid21's picture

There are other options than sending something to Sammy. Sammy is great but there is no reason he should be the only one getting credit for creative ideas. If this guy has an idea he can post it here or other places without sending it to the recruit.

+4 HS
Gray Box's picture

I just hope no Buckeyes wrote him a song:

+4 HS
Woodshed's picture

Wow. I really don't know what else to say.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

That is honestly pathetic.

Grande Gustavo's picture

New summer anthem, I'll be bumping this along with the rest of the "Malibu's Most Wanted" playlist.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

CincyBuckeye31's picture

Is this that Rebecca Black?  Sam talent coach at least.

BuckeyeJ's picture

This is a great song that makes me want to commit to them ......said No one EVER!! 

+1 HS

Touche BuckeyeJ.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

osu07asu10's picture

He would be a huge get for a lot of reasons.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Awesome picture ------------ love that he is really starting to get to know the players and the campus 

Jordan Wagner's picture

If Ohio State misses out on Hilliard, it sure wasn't because they didn't try their best. The staff has put the full court press on. 

I really hope they are doing the same for Jerome Baker. Out of all Ohio kids I think he has the highest ceiling.

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I just hope this time spent on these kids pays off and to not have them commit elsewhere, and then miss out on guys we should have spent time on..

cdub4's picture

All part of the game ...win some, lose some. These guys are worth spending time on.

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Hilliard needs to be a Buckeye...period.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

I just hope he feels Ohio State is the place for him.

He has great options, because he is a high quality person and player. Ohio State NEEDS to recruit these types.

As Ryan Shazier proved... the NFL loves the product Ohio State puts out and LB coach Fickell.

+1 HS
Buckeye06's picture

Don't you read the blogs?? Fickell sucks

I don't know if your being sarcastic, but Fickell is a EXCELLENT recruiter and LB Coach.

Wasn't ready to be a head coach at OHIO STATE... Let alone a Defensive Coordinator without full Authority of the defense.

So I don't buy into the hyperbole that, " Luke Fickell sucks ".

Did he make a mistake with Mitchell?  Maybe.

Not starting players who where better and ready could be Fickell or it could be Fickell taking the bullet.

It happens all the time, especially politics.

But Luke Fickell is and was a quality Ohio State Buckeye. Forever Scarlet Buckeye.

p.s. Just show the Italics meaning SARCASM, sometimes I miss that, eyes just don't see it sometimes.

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Coombs was also at Moeller looking at Taylor and Hausmann.

ab1993's picture

Where did everyone see that he is moving up his timeline? and to when?

+1 HS
GR8TBUCKS's picture

Gotta love those Cleveland Indian's shorts from a Cincinnati kid.

MY BUTT'S SO BIG, I SPLIT MY PJ BOTTOMS

GABuckeye's picture

That's actually the Midland Indians.  It's a sports organization in Cincinnati.  I know they're typically very good at baseball.

+2 HS