Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Shaun Crawford

Ahh Saturday's picture
May 15, 2014 at 10:53am
37 Comments

Bucknuts reporting that Crawford will be visiting the Buckeyes in late May. I know Hoke no like when recruits make visits. Could a flip be in the making?

Ludwig Yards's picture

Is it for the NFTC / Elite 11 deally? Probably not a big deal if that's the case.

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

He is visiting ND first before that so not just a camp thing.

+3 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture

Ah, thanks. Kind of interesting then. I got the impression his attitude toward OSU has always been, "No thanks, too late."

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

Yeah.. it will be interesting to see how it is handled. I think the "no visit" policy has been overexaggerated to some degree as we all know all coaches handles this on a case-by-case basis. It probably has more to do with whether he would still be considered a commit in terms of "saving" his spot than Mich not recruiting him anymore. It is being reported that Crawford has been up front with Michigan coaches about it so that goes a long way. The prominent case where michigan pulled a scholarship was when Pharoah Brown visited Oregon without telling the coaches and denying it until they found out after the fact. Honesty and communication goes a long way and probably factor in more than a hard rule.

+6 HS
mh277907's picture

Hoke gets a lot of crap for the policy but I really don't mind it. And I think you are right in that more times than not, Hoke is basically saying we aren't going to hold a spot open if you're not 100% on board as opposed to "we are pulling your scholly" which I think it perfectly reasonable. And it's not like recruits are flocking to Ann Arbor at the time being so his spot may be open either way.

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
osu407's picture

Gareon Conley deja vu?

+3 HS
DCNick's picture

This is what happens when you get players committing really early. Here's hoping Alex Stump is also coming down. I would like to see both of them become buckeyes. Crawford was a Michigan fan growing up but he's also best friends with Parris Campbell.

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Yeah, couple schools he'll be visiting soon. Good for a kid to get a closer look and make 100-percent sure at his choice. Does it mean he'll flip? Not really likely, but IF UM had a tank season, then its more likely.

osubuck57's picture

I'm kind of on the fence with this news. Love to keep "Ohio kids" in-state, but didn't really like the fact that he had thin skin when it came to OSU recruiting him. Remember a few comments his dad made about his recruitment, and not being one of the first to offer or along those lines.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
DCNick's picture

It was weird that OSU didn't offer him before his junior season. The tape from his sophomore year should have been enough. He didn't say anything too bad. There were no blood on the field comments or other disrespectful talk.

+1 HS
hodge's picture

Why do I have the feeling that Gareon Conley is going to be his host?

+13 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Decommitting tonight.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Not quite sure how valid those rumors are, but if it happens, it'll become a ND/OSU battle, and I think we'll have the upper hand.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I'm pretty positive he's going to.

BassDropper's picture

chatsports.

that's all.

DIRECTIONER

kholmes's picture

The chatsports thing didnt really add anything new. ESPN says he is speaking to Hoke tonight (after informing mattison last night). Scout said they would consider him a decommit if he visits elsewhere but would still recruit him. Putting the two together means he will likely be a decommit by end of night. Chatsports just wants to make it look they had some info which was really nothing new.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Chatsports is ridiculous...more like a satire website. Thats where I saw that Crawford was decommiting tonight, which I now find to be very unrealistic considering it came from Ace Williams

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

When Birm retweets something...

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

I think you are right...will likely be a mutual thing to term it as a decommit. Mich will consider him a decommit given the plan to visit Nd/OSU but will still recruit him just as hard. All that means is that they will start recruiting other CB's also and wont be able to hold his spot for him since he is looking elsewhere.

buckguyfan1's picture

Bet Hoke is on a binge.

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

Bet Hoke is on a binge his normal diet.

Fixed that for you.

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

How do you sit comfortably on all that ass?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Decommit and visit OSU?

+7 HS
osu407's picture

If we signed both Shaun Crawford and Damien Harris TSUN would be despondent.

+5 HS
Woodshed's picture

If the story is true about de-commiting tonight (which might not be) the reason seems really sad to me.

For the kid to receive so much heat from everyone he knows for making a decision that is his to make is freaking ridiculous IMO. I hate mich. as much as everyone else but let the kid make his own choices.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

For the kid to receive so much heat from everyone he knows for making a decision that is his to make is freaking ridiculous IMO.

People here need to keep that exact sentiment in mind when they call Torrence Gibson a diva. I'd take my sweet-ass time, too, if I was getting recruited by everyone.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I think his "big bro" Parris Campbell Jr got in his ear.

BTW, Parris is looking bigger than usual, maybe he wants to come in right away and play? I think this next year is going to be prime for him to get in the weight room and grow into that frame. It says he's been recently listed at 6'0 186 lbs and that's bigger than what Dontre played at this past year. And he's only going to continue growing. Crazy.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Could've sworn that he measured in at 6'1" at one of the NFTC camps last year. Or The Opening, or something. So Crawford is probably close to 5'10".

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd think he looks closer to 5'8" but its impossible to get it right from looking at pictures like this.If they list him as 5'9 I'd say chances are low he is 5'10.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Can't wait to see Parris on the carpet - what an all around athlete. 

+1 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

FWIW- Sam Webb was on the radio today and said that ttun considers Crawford a de-commit, but will continue to recruit him. 

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Yea, I noticed that Ace over at MGoBlog seemed a little nervous about the whole situation in his recruiting update today. Mentioned that TTUN offered another DB today.

buckeyebobcat

Woodshed's picture

ND insiders/fans seem VERY confident after his visit this past weekend fwiw.

Go1Bucks's picture

very confident he will go elsewhere

Go Bucks!

edr4225's picture

Shaun Crawford that he has decommitted from Michigan.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Board/87/Contents/Shaun-Crawford-Decommit...

lets go bucks!!

skid21's picture

So according to Woody this is a great thing. ND is much better than scUM. Just wondering if he is really just 5'9"?