Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Jenkins to Penn State

Silver Bullet 10's picture
May 6, 2014 at 6:53pm
30 Comments

Urban misses out on yet another prospect.

buckguyfan1's picture

Ok that's it bring back Fickell!

+6 HS
bethmowins's picture

can we fire him if Wimbush goes to PSU?

+1 HS
LouGroza's picture

That damn Urban Meyer. Who wanted him to coach here anyway? Franklin offers early playing time to players that are used to being the star of the team. They do not want to sit the bench. PSU has a depleted roster and it will be some time before they are relevant again even with a couple years of this type of recruiting. If they go 5-7 in 2014 the party as we see it today will be over. 

Buckeye Beast's picture

Can't say we didn't expect it though. It's a disappointment, but I still think we'll do ok. If there's a bright side to all this, our coaching staff can develop players. Guys like Darron Lee are stepping up, so it's not all about the 5 stars. But it sucks that a great coach like Ed Warriner doesn't get a chance to coach him.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, & Michigan still sucks

Deadly Nuts's picture

Ok... Time to start burning the couches.

LEBRON

Danify's picture

Panic! Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Ahhhhhhh!

+6 HS
pcuzz1's picture

That tweet did not rub me the right way.. guess he will now for his four years of college find out who really deserves the "THE" before their name

pat cozzens

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+12 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

If he was not wise enough to pick OSU over PSU...let PSU

have him.

-6 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Oh, that's the way it's gonna be, huh? Normally I wish everyone we miss out on well, but I come Oct 25, I hope we cast a little doubt into the mind of Mr. Jenkins.

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Urban: 98 | Penn State: 37 

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Bracing myself for Wimbush now...

+13 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Hopefully Franklin sucks in game because he's tearin shit up out of it.

LEBRON

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Wimbush to PSU.

LEBRON

703Buckeye's picture

I'd be lying if I said this one didn't bother me, I really liked Wimbush. But I trust Urban and that he'll get us another great class.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Deadly Nuts's picture

This will help with the recruitment of Gibson, hopefully.

LEBRON

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

misses and YET another....... Ah well, we have 3 QB's next year and 1 preferred walk on , probably felt there was no room. Who cares! Go Bucks!

-1 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

Franklin is no doubt having success right now, but I was never really impressed with him at Vandy. He has to turn these guys into stars quick or the luster will wear off.  I remember a few short years ago, some fat man up north was signing great classes and telling everyone they were back. How's that worked out so far? 

We have the coach and the program...no need to worry

+5 HS
BullCityBuckeye's picture

This.  I'd rather have Urban, his system/staff, and a bunch of 3-star players that want to play at Ohio State than anything Franklin and PSU can offer.  Any. Day.

Hovenaut's picture

Hate Week runneth over

+4 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Is it official?  If not, quit worrying.  If so, big deal. Geez!

Go Bucks!

-1 HS
Right Again's picture

So...Penn State is beating Michigan to the May recruiting Championship trophy this year?  I don't see what the big deal is.  I remember all the freaking out and panic about Michigan's great class early on last year.  Things will sort themselves out over the next 9 months.

Relax...

-1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Now, if Hackenberg wins the September Heisman over Devin Gardner, then we'll have cause for concern.  

I wonder how many overtimes the scUM/PSU game will go to this year.

+1 HS
gemcitybuckeye's picture

You know what? Good for them, and good for the conference.  BUT, I take it personally when these kids use 'THE' in front of the random universities they select. It feels like a direct jab at us. IDK--maybe it's just me. We will see which "THE" comes out ahead over their four years. Hopefully, they will both be at this years game when we hang 70 on them.  lol