Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Demry Croft

Danify's picture
May 4, 2014 at 10:11pm
8 Comments

After reading [Jeremy Birmingham's A Confounding QB Situation] article, I decided to look through the different Quarterbacks on 247 Sports' Top Dual-Threat list. I came across an kid from Illinois named Demry Croft. He has an lively arm, good touch on the ball, good speed and fantastic size (6'6"). Could use work on the throwing mechanics and gain muscle, but I wouldn't mind Ohio State giving him an look as Plan B.

[Highlights]

*Note: I don't know what Division or Strength of Competition he is facing in the highlights*

MacG91's picture

Looks like he has a lot of potential, kind of an awkward throwing motion. Has a similar style to Vince Young or Cam Newton. 

Mac..yeah

otrain2416's picture

My only red flag at this point is he doesn't have an offer from Kentucky or Illinois who offer everyone let alone not even a MAC offer. 

+1 HS
Danify's picture

True, it could be the division or competition he plays, which has offers limited.

otrain2416's picture

ya if that's the case this kid should go ball out at camp to prove the haters wrong. Love his size

MacG91's picture

Also hes 6'6 and runs a 4.6? If QB doesn't work out, he could split out or put on weight and be a TE. 

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Seems MSU has invited him to camp in June.  If he gets an offer there, expect others to follow:

Both Croft and Jackson will be at Michigan State’s invite-only camp on June 1

beserkr29's picture

Croft plays for a private Catholic school in Rockford IL. Rockford is about an hour and a half or so due west of Chicago. Boylan plays at 7A, but is in a conference with 6A teams. 7A is the second highest level in Illinois for football. The Titans are 3 years removed from winning a state title. Lost one game last year, but it was a beatdown (38-6). Croft may have been a Freshman on that state title team, but I AM unsure.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Id prefer our 'Plan B' being more like a 'Plan A-'…no offense to the other prospects out there, but we really need to land a big fish in this recruiting class at QB. After Braxton leaves, QB depth will be a massive concern, even more than it appears to currently be.