Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Deadly Nuts's picture

LEBRON

+5 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Wowsers. Take deep breath. Everything is normal. Nothing to see here.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

What does that even mean?

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It means don't overreact.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-1 HS
RoyMunson's picture

Haha, is this real life?

Is our program radioactive and we don't know it or something?

+7 HS
Swayze's picture

.......harris....baker..............scott

+9 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Hilliard...Baker...EGW...L.Scott...FroHoldt...Crawford...Kinnel...Conrad...Conner...Dowell....

These would be the consensus top 10 recruits in Ohio his year and of course a couple could be argued. The Ohio State University Buckeye football team usually is built with a backbone of getting as many of these kids as possible. Not saying the sky is falling but I love Ohio kids and we could end up with only 2 of these kids. Im sure it will all work out in the end with a glass of scotch and a good laugh.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Froholdt is playing football in Denmark right now IIRC, so I'm not really sure he can be counted. Crawford had an offer from UM far before he got his OSU one. If UM has another bad season, and if we haven't locked down our secondary class by then, I think he could flip.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

BierStube's picture

Crawford could flip, but he has been a life long scUM fan ... I doubt he would flip .. he has been a fan thru the RR years as well as the Hokification of UM.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Not so surprising.  Wasn't our offer conditional on him getting his academics up too?

Good luck to the kid

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's what I understood.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

blufftonbuck's picture

I am not buying.  If you are 90% why not commit already?

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Always leaving the door open just in case there is a better option. I am expecting that percentage to be dropped over time

+2 HS
bsodders's picture

It will play out like this... Scott to MSU, Weber to UM, and Harris to OSU. I feel pretty confident in that too. Its been common knowledge that Scott was leaning MSU for awhile now.

+4 HS
Hayze's picture

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Grab Harris, and then either keep EGW as the scat-back or try to recruit another athlete for that position.

kholmes's picture

I have to agree that your scenario seems to be the most likely scenario as of now. All of these guys always say they know they dont care about competition but the reality is that a big name committing to a school deters other recruits at positions where there is only 1 or 2 on the field like running back.

I think consensus was MSU had slight lead over Michigan for Weber so this may be enough to get Michigan a lead. Weber would likely not want to go to the end fearing he could get shut out on a school he liked - remember he saw Damien Harris commit in the fall and his interest in Michigan faded completely until Harris decommitted. If this makes Weber commit to Michigan before the season plays out, then that would have to bump up OSU's standing with Harris. Again these guys always say they want competition and know they are going to face it but they also want to the big man on campus coming in.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Buckeyes have been playing from behind here for a while, the offer to Scott was an attempt to keep him thinking OSU but MSU's offer A) is contingency free and B) may afford him the chance to play with his brother Isiah in college.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Any chance it has to do with depth? Seems to me that he could get a shot to play earlier in East Lansing than Columbus, especially with the current OSU targets at RB?

-1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

grain of salt

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

I like where Dantonio has the MSU program (it's good for theB1G), but it stinks that their academic standards are so low.  Sparty is allowing these young men to continue down a path of academic failure (not 100% sure if this is the case with Scott, but it has been with others in the past).  I'm not just saying this because I want him to commit to the good guys.  I'm glad Urban has conditional offers; it shows he cares for the entire person, not just the football player.

+3 HS
YtownBuck13's picture

Hate to break it to everyone but LJ Scott has been favoring MSU from the get go. Birm is right, he wants to play with his brother in college and MSU just may provide that opportunity. There is also a connection there with Kurtis Drummond. He is also from Hubbard High School.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

two words: Damien Harris. 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

If only...

Buckidelphia's picture

Good for LJ Scott. Ohio State took a chance on a late offer and it doesn't appear like its going to pan out. Go to MSU, stay in B1G country.

+4 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

Good for LJ Scott. Ohio State took a chance on a late offer and it doesn't appear like its going to pan out. Go to MSU, stay in B1G country.

+2 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

+2 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

+4 HS
LouBuck35's picture

Upvote for the unicorn of message boards...the Quad Post.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+14 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Congrats on the first quadruple post I've ever seen. 

+8 HS
Barnsey69's picture

What?

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Good... for... LJ... Scott... Ohio State... took... a chance... on a... late... offer... and it... doesn't... appear... like... its going... to pan out... Go to MSU... stay in... B1G... country.

-1 HS
bucknut8's picture

I think Buckidelphia got his point across

#Buckeyes

+7 HS
Osurrt's picture

With our RB depth and grabbing a Top10 this year....there is not much room in a very crowded backfield. Get Harris and Gibson (@QB) and I am a happy camper for the next 3-4 years.

+1 HS
Buckidelphia's picture

Well that embarrassing. X 4

+1 HS