Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Recruiting Games Again

Becool12's picture
April 27, 2014 at 10:57am
23 Comments

I just saw on 24/7 that Chris Clark said Michigan leads Ohio State after the two visits. 

FROMTHE18's picture

not sure what it is but TE's just aren't our forte in recruiting.

+2 HS
Becool12's picture

Yea it kinda sucks when you think of all the top tight ends we missed out on over the past 2 years. I think it is one of our biggest positions of need.

Northbrook's picture

Cool. If he doesn't want to be a champion he should go to michigan.

+18 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed - He should go ask Mike Hart - who decided to return for his senior season to ttun and then his dream got crushed week one when they lost to App State. He said publicly in a presser that he wanted to return for his senior season to win the B1G - beat Ohio State and win a national championship. 

Not of them happened - Oooooooops

+2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Mike Hart isn't who he thought he was.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
ATLBuckeye09's picture

Yes exactly!! And after the loss to App State he famously said.... "I would rather lose to App State than tOSU." I always say hey idiot you went a combined 0-5 vs. App State and The Ohio State University!

Because they wouldn't let me go for 3!
Woody Hayes 1913-1987

+4 HS
DenBuck's picture

What "it" is? They are not featured in our offense. I just don't get why we don't take Conrad to get a solid TE committed and then chase the more highly rated until signing day. 

Buckeye For Life

+4 HS
cdkmike's picture

he not coming to osu move on urban 

Michael green

-6 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Oh, you greatly underestimate Urban. "Move on" really isn't in his vocabulary when it comes to recruiting.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+5 HS
osu407's picture

I have a feeling Heuerman will have a monster season this year and tight end recruits will be lining up to come here. Similar to how Hyde got the 1000 yard rushing monkey off of Meyer's back for recruiting running backs. 

+6 HS
cdkmike's picture

the guy does not want to be a buckeye let him go to tunn we be ok this class needs a qb asap or big name on d 

Michael green

-2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I think kids who shuffle their leaders quite often just do it to get attention. The guy did commit to UNC of all places out of nowhere. He may not be Anzalone, but his recruitment is appearing more and more like Anzalone's. 

+5 HS
osubuck57's picture

Hentges , Boykin, and Harris are still viable options at TE for 2015.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
weimerad's picture

Didn't he say that he'd love to play with Burrell? 

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

This one has a long, long way to go...I think he has already shown that his leader at this point is pretty meaningless. 

+11 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Sucks for him.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

tdible2132's picture

Good lord we HAVE to be due for some good news soon.. This stretch is unheard of at a school like OSU

-3 HS
southbay's picture

Jake Butt will be tough to beat out and will have at least two and maybe three years of eligibility starting in 2015, assuming he fully recovers from his injury.  Whereas at tOSU a good tight end recruit has a chance of seeing a lot of playing time or even maybe starting as a freshman.  Oh well.

-1 HS

Why wouldn't he have 3? He played as a true freshman last year and is hurt this year. Not sure he is the type of TE to enter the draft early. We really screwed the pooch on Butt.

kholmes's picture

Michigan is "hoping" Butt will be back for the conference games (starting game 5). Im not sure how they can know in advance how his recovery goes but that is the plan as of now...so if that is the case, he would just have 2 years overlapping.

+1 HS

Ok that puts a little perspective on the situmuation. I had no clue they planned on rushing him back on the field considering the severity of the injury combined with the constant strain that position requires. He is a good one that's for sure.

Buckeye5000's picture

Colerain: "Screwed"..."Tight End"...and "Butt" are not 3 words I, personally, like to use in the same post when talking about a football player...:).

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Usually not giving up is a good thing, until of course it becomes obsessive (see Watson, Deshuan).  I think in some regards Urban's unwillingness to move on hurts us.  If we were more willing to offer and then move on when it looks like they are not that interested, it could send a strong message that you get one shot to and then we are moving on.  I think it would put more pressure on recruits to jump aboard and commit.  Just my thought.