Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark Change?

Buckeye Elite's picture
April 10, 2014 at 9:17am
14 Comments

Bucknuts is reporting a big change with Clark's recruitment but you have to be a subscriber to read it. Anyone have any info on the subject?

buckeyesean's picture

With the way his recruiting has been (I in no way believe he will actually go to UNC), but maybe he is changing his name to Alex Anzalone II?

+1 HS
ohst8buxCP's picture

He's changing the date of his commitment to summer instead of April 20th. He wants to see Auburn. He's visiting OSU Friday/Saturday for the spring game.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

He's changing the date of his commitment to summer instead of April 20th.

Since he has already committed to UNC, what is the point of scheduling another commitment date? 

buckeyebobcat

+8 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Birm!  Where are you?  There's a thread that's in trouble and needs your help!

+1 HS
stittracer99's picture

Time to fire up the Birm Signal

+25 HS
osubuck57's picture

He's visiting that team up north before he comes to OSU. Going their Friday morning, coming to OSU Friday afternoon with his family and staying through Saturday. If you click on  the Bucknuts 5, it's free to listen, they talk about it a little there.

He's also added Auburn to his visit list ,so that may be the big change everyone is referring to.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

From the day he committed to UNC I've had an odd feeling that he would flip, I said it in the Chris Clark committs to UNC post. I don't think he flips to OSU but I cannot see him playing there....just a feeling I guess

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I think it's best to stop trying to chase every kid's every move, the recruiting process is so stressful and so full of emotional swings that we'd be chasing down fluctuations non-stop if we called a kid every time there were rumors. I know that sounds weird, but a good percentage of the time I'd rather be the guy messaging the kid the least.

osu07asu10's picture

I think it's best to stop trying to chase every kid's every move, the recruiting process is so stressful and so full of emotional swings that we'd be chasing down fluctuations non-stop if we called a kid every time there were rumors. I know that sounds weird, but a good percentage of the time I'd rather be the guy messaging the kid the least.

You just dropped the:

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+8 HS
BassDropper's picture

shots fired!

DIRECTIONER

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

But then the best of the best make their money by being able to build relationships with the younger demographic to an extent to where it wouldn't be a hassle to actually ask a question. People really need to put the cup of Kool-aid down and realize there are people out there that others here are aspiring to be. I know I myself through my connections knew Brax was coming back well before any of the staff online,the staff actually were swearing up and down he was leaving even after he thru a staying at tOSU party. Recruiting is a dicey game and a kid can name a leader then minutes later commit to a completely different school. No recruiting expert really knows shit and that is the truth. Everything is just a well educated guess at that moment. Kids are immature and  play games. We are lucky enough to have staff that isn't worried about dropping the story first they are more worried about getting the story right. When its a guys job to trace every 15-18 year old kids move then he tries to tell us that isn't the best option then it becomes our job to quit asking so many questions. Obviously we are putting people in uncomfortable situations weather it be the staff or the kids.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Clark just tweeted that his recruitment is "wide open."  I can't embed the tweet from my phone. Let's just say that commitment didn't last long. 

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Hah that's good but hopefully for our benefit. We tried to use TEs a bit today although it didn't work out as originally planned.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne