Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

ESPN Ohio State Basketball commits ratings change

MacG91's picture
April 10, 2014 at 12:14am
22 Comments

ESPN updated their last player evaluations for the basketball class of 2014 and according to them, OSU has three 5* commits. Russell, Bates-Diop, and Tate. Pretty impressive if you ask me, I think you have to go to the class with Oden, Conley and Cook for the last time you'd see three 5*s in one class for the Buckeyes. Not that recruiting guarantees success, but you have to like whats coming to Columbus.

Heres the link:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/194/...

Seattle Linga's picture

Common sense - FINALLY

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Myles Turner will be the fourth 5 star.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

do you have a link? You are making a pretty definitive statement.

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS

Being optimistic is all I have at this point.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+7 HS
Mortc15's picture

Like the optimism but with Embiid leaving, KU looks like the heavy favorite now. Something tells me that was the only reason he's waited as long as he has.

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Even with Embiid leaving they have Cliff Alexander coming in.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Bolt's picture

Alexander is projected as a PF and Turner as a C. Both kind of have the ability to play either position and could play together. I think the only reason Turner has been putting off his commitment is because he's been waiting to see what Embiid does. Apparently Bill Self had told Turner that if Embiid stays it wouldn't be worth his while to choose Kansas. It has all the looks of Turner heading to Kansas now. Would love to be wrong though!

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Man I had typed out a long post thanking you for the info and a bunch of other shit but my computer froze and I lost it. Alexander is a beast in the post and just by watching a couple of games I think if I was the guy steering Turners career I would have him go to a different team then Cliff. They both have similar size with Turner being a whooping inch taller but 25-30 lbs.lighter. Havent seen Turner live yet but I cant imagine he is a more dominant force around the bucket than Alexander. I think it we be awesome for them to play together if it was on my team but I see no reasonable way that their minutes and stats do not directly affect one another. Alexander is going to be cleaning up down low no matter if Shaq and Rodman came out of retirement. Basically they are such a similar type player in my opinion that I do not think it would be best for either kid to be on the floor together stealing each others stats when they could each be on a team dominating.Sorry for the rant.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Seattle Linga's picture

If he comes here then Russell will be getting some serious props building that relationship.

+2 HS

It also means he won the game. XD

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Hope we hold on to Mitchell for the next class…really like his game.

+5 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

It's about time Tate got upgraded.  He will probably have the same impact levert had.  they were similar players but tate was more physical at pick central.  levert had a better shooting percentage but tate can get out and run and plays solid defense.  I can't wait for next year.  I just wish we still had aaron craft's defense now that we have the players around him that can do damage.

+4 HS
Bolt's picture

Tate was awesome. I'm surprised he got upgraded (not that I don't think he didn't deserve a higher ranking in the first place) since he's been out injured. Usually players in that situation fall...or more so get jumped by other recruits while they're sidelined.

OSU2002Grad's picture

Add Myles Turner to the class and that's as good as it gets at Ohio State. He could be the final piece to a national title puzzle for this team. Doesn't look good, but we shall see...

+3 HS
CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

I think this year will be a really good one for us... More athletic, better shot selection, never thought Thad felt real comfortable with last years team. You have to think he see's them shoot in practice everyday he knew what was coming, although he wouldn't admit it, he probably wasn't shocked about the way the season ended. All in all how he has recruited for this year including the transfer (maybe even 2) is if I may say Urban'ish. If we can put it all together we should be very dangerous once they gel together. 

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
hodge's picture

But I thought E(SEC)PN was biased against us and hell-bent on destroying all hype around our program?

+2 HS
thatlillefty's picture

To play devil's advocate, ESPN loves big ten basketball. So if they are playing favorites, that would fit the narrative.

+4 HS
hodge's picture

You're totally right.  This just proves that the entire conspiracy is real!

Just messing with you, Lefty.  I know that you're not advocating a conspiracy writ large.

sbentz4's picture

Can't remember a player like Russell being at OSU recently.  He can slash, dish and shoot.

MacG91's picture

Yeah the closet I can remember is Evan Turner and Russell has a little more range than Turner did. 

Mac..yeah

buckeyestu's picture

Lunardi has the Buckeyes as a 6 seed in his way to early march madness for next year. Hopefully the new guys coming in play lights out and get a 1 or 2 seed.

jamesrbrown322's picture

B1G with 6 of top 31 classes. That's not too shabby. OSU with far and away the best of the B1G classes, so even better.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS