Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Spring Game Commitments?

m5987usus's picture
April 7, 2014 at 11:41am
43 Comments

Ok fellow Buckeyefans, if we don't get a commitment next weekend during the spring game, the class is over.  But seriously the staff and fellow dub fans, who do you see committing next weekend at the Spring Game?

pcuzz1's picture

Hopefully kilby-lane. I believe I read somewhere on this site that it was a potential possibility.

pat cozzens

MacG91's picture

Ive heard that Liam McCullough and Sh'mar Kilby Lane are the ones most likely too. No idea how close they are to deciding tho. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
OSUlewis's picture

This has probably been discussed before but do the majority of D1 schools have long snappers on scholarship?

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Not sure if he is attending but we could use a Jerome Baker commit.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I don't care who it is but hopefully it is someone. It has been a long enough wait.

buckeyebobcat

KBonay's picture

From Gene's 4.4 post:

Weekend of Spring Game (April 11th-13th)
'15 DB Ben Edwards (Jacksonville, FL) - commit
'17 QB Danny Clark (Massillon, OH) - commit
'15 OL Larry Wells (Kenton, OH)
'15 OL Sterling Jenkins (Pittsburgh, PA)
'15 LS Liam McCullough (Columbus, OH)
'15 DE Dre'Mont Jones (Cleveland, OH)
'15 DE Jonathon Cooper (Gahanna, OH)
'15 LB Nick Conner (Dublin, OH)
'15 LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane (Hallandale, FL)
'15 ATH Chandler Cox (Apopka, FL)
'16 OL Tommy Kraemer (Cincinnati, OH)
'16 OL Michal Menet (Reading, PA)
'17 ATH Richard LeCounte (Hinesville, GA)
HOOPS - C Trevor Thompson (VaTech Transfer)

jamesrbrown322's picture

Conner has cancelled, and is going to the ND game instead.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

route4buckeye's picture

Commitment watch: Van Jefferson, Dre'mont Jones, Sh'Mar Kilby-Lane

+2 HS
Buckabroad's picture

Those would be the three to watch out for imo as well. Maybe we will be lucky and welcome one (or more) of them to Buckeye Nation soon.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

Woodshed's picture

I don't think Jefferson will be there.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Please, Van Jefferson, PLEASE!

- You are right, he's not on the visit list....

So, I'd love to hear that they landed Jones...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

route4buckeye's picture

He's as good as in.

-1 HS
DMcDougal24's picture

Good call on Dre'mont Jones. I am gathering from the numerous Buckeye sites that his mind is clear it's just a matter of when he feels comfortable pulling the trigger. 

Jordan Wagner's picture

I actually discussed this topic for my article coming at 6:00 PM tonight. 

mobboss1984's picture

Will be waiting. Eager to hear whats going on

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

Hayze's picture

FWIW I also read its a possibility that Edwards brings Holland with him.

Not that he would commit but it'd for sure be a huge visit!

sivaDavis's picture

Would be awesome to pull a couple commits after the game. Hopefully the Trinity Trio of Edwards, Holland and Toliver II come up. That'd be huge

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

otrain2416's picture

Its probably just my confidence in Urban, but I'm pretty excited other Big 10 schools:Iowa Nebraska, & PSU are recruiting well thus far and its not the typical two headed (OSU & TSUN) race. We definitely need other teams to step up and win big OOC games and bowl games. Urban will do fine and finish with a solid class like he always does. 

+2 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Is Ben Edwards even coming?

"The Past Builds the Future"

route4buckeye's picture

Chillax man. The kid is from Jacksonville. That's an 18 hour drive. He'll come up here when he does. He might not have the money to do so. It's not paid for by OSU.

+3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

And the waiting begins...

+1 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Tapping fingers, as I wait 

BassDropper's picture

and of course.....NOTHING. Im starting to think recruits are listening to ESPN and buying the crap they are selling. We will be lucky to get 10 commits.

DIRECTIONER

-7 HS

Didn't see the sarcasm in that,I see a young fan seriously freaking out.10 commits? We are tOSU and we wont be able to fill a class up like a purdue or  a Indiana?

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

the 10 commits was sarcasm. obviously. 

DIRECTIONER

-6 HS

Why don't you use the italics or some other form of showing your sarcasm. Some of the things you type seriously, really border on things you acting like you were trying to be sarcastic.Just a tip because I know the +/- button means a lot to you.

-1 HS
BassDropper's picture

If my post bother you this much then just ignore them. Plain and simple. I change for no man.

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS

LMAO dude you are seriously a clown. I was trying to be respectful not trying to hurt your feelings. I tried to give you a piece of advice that might help you from having to stage threads in your name to try to accumulate upvotes in the future. If you want to get all red faced and act like a little prick that is fine by me,your posts don't bother me but they do confuse a lot of people.

-3 HS
BassDropper's picture

how did I stage a thread to accumulate uv's? I had no idea RT4Buck was going to make that thread. I don't care about up votes, it was a troll plain and simple. It was for my own self amusement. I will tell you one thing, you won't be around much longer if you keep disrespecting your leader. 

DIRECTIONER

-9 HS

Um seriously after we all seen...It was just a ruse to accumulate  upVs I lost....I did it to try to get some of the upVs I lost..You might not have made the thread but you sure participated in the big RUSE. Im still not convinced that route4buckeye and you are not the same poster. Now all of a sudden it was for your self amusement? Quit playing games on here  like a little girl dude,if you are seriously that bi-polar and that immature maybe carry on those type of activities over at bucknuts or scout or 247. This is a older little more sophisticated group of fans that really has no desire to play the HS girl drama game.

-7 HS
BassDropper's picture

lol at you. I don't need to explain anything to you, but considering that I already have, I have already admitted as much that I am route4buckeye. I seriously can't get enough posting that I had to create another alias just so I can converse with myself when the board is dead. 

DIRECTIONER

-9 HS
BassDropper's picture

now run along and quit stalking me before you get Hansman'd

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Dre'Mont Jones and Liam McCullough told 11W in the past 24 hours that they didn't plan on committing. We've heard that Kilby-Lane has had a great visit. 

Yea you did make a couple of accounts because you were so worried about up and down votes. Its just magic that you went back and down voted comments I made days ago 2 or 3 times for no reason? You will find quickly that I do not give in to popular opnion and will call it like I see it no matter what. You are a attention whore similar to the Miley Cyrus of the music game that just cant handle when people point and laugh at what a train wreck you have showed yourself to be. Oh just like you called out Buckeyesvstheworld for stalking you because he also called you out on your HS girl theatrics? Go play in a mud puddle somewhere Junior it will be a long day in hell before you and your mean girls crew run me off my favorite site.

-8 HS
BassDropper's picture

This. Girl. Is. Mad.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
BassDropper's picture

What is more exciting; Touchdowns, Goals, or the home run.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-4 HS

Wow you resorted to going back and editing your own comments to try to make the replies underneath them seem clueless? Are you ready for what Buckeye Nation is going to bring your way Miley?

-3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I heard a rumor that SKL may never commit now?  whaaat

Crimson's picture

Did you hear this rumor from Bass?

+2 HS