Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard Names Top Ten

Jordan Wagner's picture
March 31, 2014 at 9:37am
39 Comments

Five-star Cincinnati linebacker Justin Hilliard released a list of his top ten schools today. Ohio State made the cut, as expected. There really weren't any surprises. 

Notre Dame, Alabama, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida State, Southern California and Florida also made the cut. 

It's a close battle for the five-star. OSU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Iowa are probably the favorites, although Hilliard hasn't named any favorites. His brother is an Iowa signee. 

HilltopHustle's picture

Top 10? Cool. What does that even mean? Not sure any of this is news, and naming a "favorite" doesn't mean much anymore either (e.g. Steven Gonzalez).

+7 HS
route4buckeye's picture

The coaching staff wasn't that high on Gonzalez...

-7 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

How do you figure that?  They made multiple visits to his school in a very short period of time.  I'm not really sure where you info is coming from.

+1 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Including a visit from Meyer himself, right? This comment above is absurd, but as long as it helps him sleep.

+2 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Stop. That's ridiculous.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

It's not lol. Meyer wasn't going to accept a commitment from Gonzalez. Possibly later on, but they are in on too many prospects on that position. The only reason Coach visited him so much was due to the fact that Wimbush and Fitzpatrick's school is within a close proximity to Gonzalez's school. Sorry if you don't believe me but that is the truth.

+2 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Do you have any sources for the truth?  Otherwise, it's just another blog rumor. 

-2 HS
Woodshed's picture

There is no source. It's complete nonsense.

-4 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I'm not confirming anything because it honestly doesn't matter, however, it doesn't appear Ohio State was as interested as one thinks. 

route4buckeye's picture

Well that would be breaking board rules. Look at Jordan's post and you'll see what I said was correct, without him actually confirming it...

hmmm

+10 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Like I said, you can downplay Gonzalez if it makes you feel better, but looking at his visitor list, to say we weren't interested is an outcry. He got two local visits from our staff since January and held an offer. It is what it is.

-3 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Okay, you are just going to downplay what I know and what Jordan (basically) confirmed?

+10 HS
route4buckeye's picture

LOL. and now Birm. Please tell me how I'm full of crap.

+3 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

FWIW, I've heard similar things.

Jeremypreemo81's picture

The only "cut" I care about making is the last one!

+5 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Top TEN.  Give me a break.

+3 HS
CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

Gave up my hopes on top 10's, 5's, and 3's a long time ago. Signing the dotted line, and enrolling are the only times I get excited. That is all, nothing more and nothing less.

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
m5987usus's picture

I guarantee next time we have a commit you'll be the first one to comment

O-H!

+3 HS
CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

No... 

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

-1 HS
KingsRite's picture

What is this? The David Letterman show? Get outta here...

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Can we just all agree now that Hilliard is not going to go to Kentucky and call that a top 9 list?

+10 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Sweet.  In case a school or 9 screws up his recruiting, we're RIGHT there.

+6 HS
BAR43's picture

If we don't get Hillard we might as well fold up camp and not even try having a recruiting class for 2015.

+4 HS
cinserious's picture

My sarcasm meter is working just fine and I STILL don't appreciate that comment!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

tennbuckeye19's picture

Positive spin: Hilliard has about 40 offers. In one fell swoop, he's eliminated 75% of those schools. 

+7 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I like the way you think.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Begin trolling related to UK taking 5* recruits out of Ohio in 5...4....3.....

+6 HS
d gordon a's picture

If in his heart there aren`t just 3 schools he would love to be part of 37 more just clouds the  air

BuckeyeJ's picture

When will he commit?  His crystal ball has him 37% to the good guys. 

can we find room for his brother? 

kholmes's picture

His crystal ball is a good one...It is a sure sign that he hasnt leaked anything and seems to be wide open...OSU analysts have him going to OSU, UM analysts have him going to UM, Oklahoma analyst picking Oklahoma, and ND analysts all picking ND. 

Once we see the analysts start to pick other schools than their own is when we will start to have some real info. 

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

can we find room for his brother?

That's what I'm thinking. I mean, he's good enough to go to Iowa - I would think getting him to flip to OSU shuts this whole thing down. However, he may not want to flip at this point. Iowa was good to him - he probably would maintain his loyalty.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

His brother could not flip. He has signed his LOI. 

Poison nuts's picture

Ok, didn't realize they were in different classes, for some reason I thought they were twins & his brother was committed to this years class.

Seattle Linga's picture

Nice to see us on the top ten list - let's hope we keep creeping to the top on his list.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Kentucky? :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Just for the record..We would have taken Gonzales commit. He was even offered early before a shit ton of good Ohio talent. I cant say if something happened to sour the relationship but I have confirmed his offer was committable.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne