Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Two St. Ignatius stars get big offers today...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
March 29, 2014 at 4:14pm
4 Comments

2015 DE Dre'Mont Jones visited Michigan today and picked up an offer from the Wolverines and 2016 OL Liam Eichenberg visited Notre Dame and was offered by the Irish.

Both players have Buckeye offers. I expect the Irish offer to Eichenberg to be a bigger "obstacle" for Ohio State than the Michigan offer for Jones.

osubuck57's picture

Birm , is it just my ignorance, or can't Centers, long -snap as well? Not down-playing him at all. Things must have changed since I played high school ball. I snapped for everything, pats, field goals, punts,etc. I would think Daniels, if we got him on board, could take care of those duties.

SCOTTC.

TheBadOwl's picture

In D-1 football, the center needs to be big enough to match up with the huge d-lines. Meanwhile, long-snappers need to be fast enough to get down the field on punt coverage.

Basically, if you put a center at long-snapper, they're too slow to get down the field in coverage, and if you put a long-snapper at center, they'll be too small and get destroyed by the d-line.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That's nice B.O. - I know this is so challenging for the coaches when they have very few scholarships available and their center is very athletic. Lower divisions don't really have a choice as they pull double duty.

otrain2416's picture

Personally I think an 8-5 team isn't a big offer its a BIG 10 offer.