Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

KBonay's picture

TG. You shouldn't need a reason

+4 HS
cpewster's picture

Gibson. He's fast as hell and everyone remembers what happened last time Meyer had a left handed no. 1 qb. Also it would make a better case to get his teammate McFadden.

Si vis pacem parabellum.

+1 HS
JDunc686's picture

I want the one most willing to learn how to maximize his talents and become a truly elite QB

+6 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Kyler Murray. A true mix between a Drew Brees and say a Charlie Ward. Kid can throw,run,and is a true weapon and leader.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+3 HS
osubuck57's picture

Want Wimbush, but think he is Penn States' to lose right now. Gibson would be my #2. Like JDUNC686 said though, I just want someone back their who can become a complete QB, not a RB who can occasionally throw. I get TG's fast, but if he struggles hitting receivers and tight ends, will we really be better off?

SCOTTC.

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Didn't Wimbush say Ohio State was still #1 for him?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

I don't know if he said #1, but he said he was still very high on us. It's a misconception from OSU fans that we've given up on Wimbush. He's my favorite too

Class of '16

+2 HS

It was silly to think Ohio State could land both Gibson, and Wimbush.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I want to see a QB with poise in the pocket.  A guy who can quickly go through his reads and make an accurate throw.  If the play breaks down then it's a bonus if he can create for himself with his legs, but I don't think that should be the biggest threat from our quarterback.  Please, not just an ATH playing the QB position...

TG has a ton of potential, but I'm not sold on his arm yet.

+2 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Gibson and/or Murray are all good in my hood.

And the why = because they are good.

+2 HS
tussey's picture

How tall is Murray?  He didn't seem that tall/big on the film.

WesPatterson23's picture

I think he is about 5' 11"

buckeyebowhunter's picture

I want Tommy Stevens.  I love his toughness and if you watch his video he is adept at running the read option and he displays excellent touch and good arm strength.  Gibson is an amazing athlete, but in my opinion he is not a QB yet and I don't want to bring in another athlete who can play QB.  I want a complete QB that can extend plays with his feet.  Stevens fits that bill.  

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I want the QB who can sit in the pocket, read defenses, and go through progressions. If the pocket breaks down, he can make plays with his legs. Didn't take the time to watch all the films, but let me know which one meets those criteria. 

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Have you guys watched the film? Gibson is "The Guy" obviously that Urban wants but he is seriously raw! Wimbush looks like Tajh Boyd which is intriguing. Getting either one would be huge! That being said if for some reason we don't get either one and if you watch film a haul of Nunez and Stevens would also be just fine! This is a good class for the QB position! If Wimbush goes to Penn State, Stevens to Sparty and Gibson to the Bucks that is some serious QB talent coming to the B1G! 

WesPatterson23's picture

I really like TG, but I just think Wimbush may be better for our team. We have all kinds of speed demons who need somebody to get them the ball, which is what Wimbush would do. But, who could deny a playmaker like TG?

Mercurius's picture

Gibson has the highest ceiling and a few years to develop still.

buckeyebowhunter's picture

Nunez struggled mightily at the Atlanta Elite 11 according to scout.  I also know that TG has been taking reps at WR at camps because he has struggled in QB drills.  I'm sticking with Stevens as my #1, just edging out Wimbush.

Go1Bucks's picture

Lock, Stevens, or Nunez - in that Order

Go Bucks!

BuckeyeKrime's picture

Not trying to be a buzzkill with this comment, but I don't understand why everyone wants another Braxton Miller type guy. Nothing bad against Braxton because I think he is a good QB.  What I mean by this is we dont need another QB, as someone said before, who won't be able to get our receivers the ball. Braxton still hasn't even been developed fully and still has trouble reading defenses and hitting a guy who isn't clear as day open.

TG is a good quarterback and fast as hell, but definitely not a five star talent at QB. We don't need another "project" at QB to work on.  He would definitely be the best WR in this class if he switched.

Maybe they see JT or Cardale having a couple years of starting and giving Gibson the coaching he needs. But if you're a five star prospect, you should definitely come in and compete for a job, which I don't think he could do.

Honestly I Hope Urban can hopefully stay in Gibson's ear long enough about playing QB and keep on Wimbush, Murray, or Francois (who I heard killed it and threw rockets at the elite 11) about actually being the #1 guy. Gibson signs and you switch him to WR. It's a dirty move, but I think it's how he should play it. You get a top notch, polished QB and then you pretty much land the best WR in the class too.

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Agreed.  I'm not sure that TG can be a QB at a big time school, but he knows he's going to have to compete anywhere he goes.  He probably likes his chances with OSU because Collier wasn't rated very highly.  

Another Braxton means a chance at another 20+ game winning streak.

Braxton isn't perfect, but he put the team in position to get to the NC. He didn't give up 34 pts(and over 400 yards) to a MSU offense that could barely move the ball against Purdue and Minnesota. If the D bothers to show up, Ohio State is playing FSU.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Let's not turn this into a debate about Braxton.  Although, I think our offense came up smaller than our defense versus Clemson.

I think his main point was that we should be looking for a QB who will first and foremost be a consistent threat with his arm.  I think it's totally reasonable to have some doubts about TG as he doesn't really fit that bill right now. 

+1 HS

Although, I think our offense came up smaller than our defense versus Clemson.

The D gave up almost 600 yards.

To be a consistent threat with your arm, you need help from your WRs.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I'm not saying our D was good, but Clemson was the best offense we faced all year.  Sammy Watkins is a freak of nature. Our offense wasn't doing them any favors either...3 and outs plenty of times.  Didn't even have Roby or Spence.  I think the defense did about as well as you could expect (we knew they were bad).  IMO it was our vaunted offense that didn't meet expectations.

You're right though, Braxton is just one guy and I'm not trying to pin it all on him.  He can't control the offensive line getting manhandled or throw receivers open.

Didn't even have Roby or Spence. 

True, but giving up 127 rushing to Boyd(who only went over 100 yards one other time in his career), shouldn't have happened.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I think that was the first game in like 300 we lost when scoring 35+...But yea um the D got a couple of lucky stops or else Clemson would have scored 60 easily,I could see where that was the offenses fault I guess.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
BuckeyeKrime's picture

20 plus game win streak against scrub opponents. Admit it, everyone in America knows it, soft schedule.

I'm not hating on Braxton because I happen to like him. He's explosive, dynamic, and fun to watch. But if we have a QB that is more polished, we win that game against MSU.  The last two games against TTUN and there big brother, he went 14-36 with a combined 234 pass yards (two of his lowest all year), while he had 37 rush attempts for 295 yards. He's a much better QB than two years ago, he actually takes most of his looks before running. But he is still more of a run first QB.

You're right. Every team on that Ohio State beat were below .500. :/

But if we have a QB that is more polished, we win that game against MSU.

If the D actually plays like an Ohio State defense, Ohio State beats MSU. If they show up against Michigan, Ohio State win by at least 3 TDs.

I already said that Braxton isn't perfect, but to act as if he's to blame for Ohio State losing is laughable.

In the last 3 games Ohio State had 101 pts, and 1327 total yards of offense. They almost finished 0-3. :/

+1 HS
BuckeyeKrime's picture

Not putting all the blame on Braxton, but his issues with reading defenses and passing is a little bit of it. Our defense, specifically our secondary, is attrocious and you're right on the points you make.

Like I said, I just don't want another type of guy like this who is going to take a couple years to develop and still not hit the ceiling he can have.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Two Words - 

Gibson - Skills

Grande Gustavo's picture

Gibson, because Urban wants him.  I don't need another reason.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+1 HS
Jbucks's picture

its hard to say... but i like Wimbush alot, TG his legs are his best weapon...but i like my QBs to throw, yuh only need a runner if the D gets passed your blockers, and Wimbush has the legs to buy his time. If we Land TG i wont be mad because he is that playmaker you want in the 4th quarter on the 20 yrd line (his legs not throwing)

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

Seattle Linga's picture

Wimbush would be amazing as well - very skilled with so much upside

zebiraross's picture

1. Gibson
2. Murray

Zeb

sivaDavis's picture

Give me the QB that can best get the ball, accurately, to our play makers in 2-3 years first. And then just tell me he isn't as slow as Peyton Manning and we'll be good. We don't necessarily need a QB that can bust a 40 yarder, we have backs, receivers and tight ends that can do that. If he can get 6 yards every once and a while when there is nothing open or be smart enough to scramble out and throw it away, that's all you need. I'm all for Urban staying in Gibsons ear about coming to play QB and bring in a guy like Stevens or Francois that may be under the radar. If TG can beat them out then so be it. But if he cant, he needs to know he has the talent to be the #1 WR at The Ohio State University. And I don't think he'd mind that much especially if he gets beaten out. He wants to be on the field and be competing right?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS