Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 3/17

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
March 17, 2014 at 5:25pm
2 Comments

Visitors List (Subject To Change)
Tomorrow
'15 QB Tommy Stevens (Indianapolis, IN)
March 21st-22nd
'15 RB Larry Scott (Hubbard, OH)
'15 WR Van Jefferson (Brentwood, TN)
'15 OL Simon Stepaniak (Hamilton, OH)
'15 OL James Daniels (Warren, OH)
'15 OL Patrick Allen (Reisterstown, MD)
'15 DT Sterling Johnson (Clayton, NC) tentative
'15 LB Josh Barajas (Merrillville, IN)
'15 LB Bryce Jenkinson (Greenville, OH)
'15 ATH Jordan Whitehead (Monaca, PA)
'15 ATH Brian Cole (Saginaw, MI)
'16 OL Sean Foster (Mundelein, IL)
March 29th
'15 OL David Robbins (Glenelg, MD)
'15 DE Darius Fullwood (Olney, MD)
'16 OL Tyler Gerald (Portsmouth, OH)
April 1st
'15 OL Gabe Megginson (Jacksonville, IL)
April 4th
'15 TE Hale Hentges (Jefferson City, MO)
April 10th
'16 OL Michal Menet (Reading, PA)
April 12th - Spring Game
'15 OL Larry Wells (Kenton, OH)
'15 LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane (Hallandale, FL) tentative
'16 OL Tommy Kraemer (Cincinnati, OH)
June 1st
'15 WR Alex Ofodile (Columbia, MO)

Scout $ - Orlando NFTC: Recruiting Notes '16 FL WR Nate Craig

• Favors Clemson, Ohio State & Tennessee.

Scout $ - Orlando NFTC: Recruiting Notes '16 FL LB Shaq Quarterman

• Auburn leads. Also has high interest in Georgia, Michigan State & Ohio State.

Scout $ - SoFla NFTC: Recruiting Notes '15 FL DB Tyrek Cole

• Plans on visiting Ohio State over the summer.

Dexter Williams posts top SPARQ score, earns invite to The Opening (Orlando Sentinel)

On a beautiful Saturday at Austin Tindall Park, Dexter Williams took advantage.

The Winter Garden West Orange running back, who surprised numerous people in February when he posted a 117.03 rating at the Nike SPARQ Combine in rainy, blustery conditions at Lake Brantley High School, blew that performance off the charts Saturday.

Williams posted a 131.37 score, good for a current standing of second in the nation, and with the performance earned an invitation to Nike's mid-summer high school football party The Opening in Beaverton, Ore. The events that shot his score up this time were his vertical leap of 44.5 inches and his 36.5 feet powerball toss. He also ran a 4.57 40-yard dash and had a 4.01-second time in the 5-10-5-yard shuttle drill. 

"It's a blessing. I've been working hard with my trainer Les [Hewitt] and just been keeping my mind on the right track and just doing the right thing ... being a great person," Williams said.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 3/17 - Tommy Stevens, Tyler Gerald excited for visits, targets shine at NFTC (LGHL)

fafa

Find out what 2015 QB Tommy Stevens and 2016 OL Tyler Gerald are looking forward to seeing on their upcoming visits to Ohio State and which targets shined down in Florida at the Elite 11 and Nike Football Training Camps.

The biggest recruiting news of the weekend might have took place late Sunday afternoon when class of 2015 tight end Chris Clark gave his verbal commitment to North Carolina during a trip to Chapel Hill. Clark arguably the top tight end in the country, ended his recruitment a week before he was scheduled to visit Ohio State and just days after naming the Tarheels, Buckeyes, Arizona, Arizona State, Maryland, Michigan, Virginia, Texas Tech, Georgia and South Carolina as programs that were sticking out among the rest of the many scholarship offers he held.

With Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes looking to bring in two tight ends in this class and with Chris, a four star prospect presumably off the table, Jackson Harris of Columbia, Tennessee, Jefferson City, Missouri's Hale Hentges, who visits Columbus on April 4th and Keystone High's CJ Conrad could all be options to fill the tight end whole for Meyer and OSU. Conrad, a 6'5 225-pound soft handed receiver, unlike both Harris and Hentges, has yet to receive an offer from the Bucks but is no stranger to campus or the program, visiting Columbus many times during his recruiting process.

Speaking of visits, the Buckeyes will have many prospects on campus over the next few weeks including Van Jefferson, Brian Cole, Simon Stepaniak, LJ Scott and many others this upcoming weekend. Another class of 2015 recruit headed to Columbus soon for a visit is Indianapolis Decatur Central High School quarterback Tommy Stevens, who will make it to town on Tuesday.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: 2015 OL David Robbins previews March 29th visit (LGHL)

fafa

Maryland offensive lineman David Robbins is visiting Ohio State later this month. See what the three-star prospect is looking forward to doing on his trip and more.

Ohio State is gearing up for its biggest recruiting weekend of the year so far with prospects such as Van Jefferson, Brian Cole, Josh Barajas, James Daniels, Larry "LJ" Scott and others visiting campus in just a few days.

Three star Maryland offensive lineman David Robbins might not be headed to Columbus this weekend, but the 6'3 295-pounder will be soon. "I'm looking forward to meeting the coaches up there as well as learn more about Ohio State football." Robbins said of his upcoming March 29th visit to OSU. "I talk to Coach (Larry) Johnson the most of the coaches and he is excited to meet me. I assume he projects me as a guard, along with most colleges." He added.

Holding numerous scholarship offers from the likes of Kentucky, Maryland, Boston College, California, Illinois, Wake Forest and with visits set to not just Ohio State but Florida State (Thursday), Alabama (Friday), Auburn (Saturday), Robbins, who would fully welcome the Buckeyes to join his offer list,  is starting to put the puzzle pieces together in figuring just what he is looking for before he decides on which school he will suit up for on the next level.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: 2015 CB Jordan Whitehead visiting March 22nd (LGHL)

adfafa

Monaca (PA) Central Valley defensive back Jordan Whitehead will visit Ohio State for the fourth time on March 22nd.

March 22nd is shaping up to be a pretty big day when it comes to Ohio State football recruiting. Players like Brentwood (TN) Ravenwood wide receiver Van Jefferson, Hubbard (OH) running back Larry Scott, Warren (OH) G. Harding offensive linemen James Daniels, and a number of other have been expected on campus for weeks now.

We can add another name to the visitor list in the form of Monaca (PA) Central Valley defensive back Jordan Whitehead, who told me earlier today that he would be on campus on March 22nd.

"(I'm looking forward) to getting to know some of the players," Whitehead told Land-Grant Holy Land.

The 6'0, 180-pound cornerback checks in as the 199th player in the national and as the 17th best cornerback according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

It seemed like Whitehead was leaning pretty strongly towards the Scarlet and Gray a couple of months ago, but ever since hiring James Franklin, Penn State has emerged as a very strong contender for his commitment. West Virginia and others are also firmly in the mix.

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments