Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Recruiting Wish List

OSUpawn's picture
March 17, 2014 at 3:20pm
18 Comments

Recruiting has been slow, so I was looking up some highlights on the 2015 recruits and I came up with a wish list below.  Name your top 5 wish list recruits.  Put them in order of who you want the most.

1. Torrance Gibson (I think he would also be a great recruiter)

2. Damien Harris

3. Justin Hilliard

4. Christian Kirk

5. Tim Settle

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

I see nothing wrong with your picks, I too think Torrance would work some magic and land another guy

Don't forget Ben Edwards plays for Trinity,they have 2 players (Holland and Tolliver) that can straight up ball

UFM_Renewal

OSUpawn's picture

I agree, but I like what we got the last 2 years at CB and I would rather have an Ohio guy over Holland.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ya, Hilliard or Holland will do

Kirk though is turning into my favorite recruit, very well spoken, just seems like an all around mature player...and versatile as all hell

UFM_Renewal

osuisnumber1's picture

Are we actively recruiting? Most other teams have some recruiting action and not a lame 3 commits. We are a elite program I do not think that we are beginning as one this year. Any thoughts?

-2 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I agree its been slow for now. I hope to land a couple big names like TG, Harris and Kirk and they will help recruit for us....

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

That'll happen when you start the cycle recruiting the elite players. They won't commit early, want to be wined and dined first,don't worry its still really really early. Once one big name commits (Gibson or Kirk) the rest will fall in place

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Silly me for thinking people would wait until April or May to complain about recruiting.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ya, its not like we just finished 2014 recruiting

UFM_Renewal

osuisnumber1's picture

[Texas A&M] Texas A&M 9
[Alabama] Alabama 8
[LSU] LSU 9
[West Virginia] West Virginia 10
UP 3
[Penn State] Penn State 8
DOWN -1
[Florida State] Florida State 7
DOWN -1
[Mississippi State] Mississippi State 9
DOWN -1
[Tennessee] Tennessee 8

[Arkansas] Arkansas 6
[Clemson] Clemson 8
[Texas] Texas 7
[Georgia] Georgia 5
[Nebraska] Nebraska 6
[TCU] TCU 7
[Oklahoma] Oklahoma 5
[Baylor] Baylor 5
UP 1
[Auburn] Auburn 5
DOWN -1
[UCLA] UCLA 4

[Iowa] Iowa 5
[Notre Dame] Notre Dame 3
[Miami] Miami 5
UP 10
[North Carolina] North Carolina 4
DOWN -1
[Florida] Florida 5
DOWN -1
[Michigan] Michigan 4
DOWN -1
[South Carolina] South Carolina 3
DOWN -1
[USC] USC 3
DOWN -1
[Ole Miss] Ole Miss 4
DOWN -1
[Brigham Young] Brigham Young 4
DOWN -1
[Ohio State] Ohio State 3

We do always finish strong, But make no mistake recruits look at these rankings as well.

-5 HS

Recruiting rankings in March. Ask M*chigan how that worked out for the '14 class. Heck, even Kentucky had a higher ranking around this time last year.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

are you seriously whining already...

we're trying to land elite prospects from out of state mostly...you don't pull that off in 1-2 months.

+1 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Nope, Urban told his staff to take an extra long vacation this year.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

Mercurius's picture

I feel good about where we are. We are in the lead for a ton of elite talent. The problem is much of that talent isn't going to announce 'til after the season. I really want to get Jerome Baker and Justin Hilliard from in-state. Out-of-state, nothing would make me happier than Damien Harris and Torrance Gibson; elite talent! Looking at our needs, we didn't take any DT or TE last year and need some depth at those positions. Christian Wilkins plays both of those positions. I'd love to see a 300 lbs TE catch a few balls.

+1 HS
osubuck57's picture

Never worried about rankings this early in the process. Some of those guys will flip to other schools as well. If we're in June, and only have 3 commits, then I'll start to worry.

As far as top five go, give me Gibson, Harris, Baker,Kirk, and Hentges(because we really need a good TE in this class). 

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

I always get a little nervous about recruiting, it's so unpredictable.

I season my simple food with hunger

nebraskafaninwi's picture

lol....you guys are seriously worried already? You guys are in the running for plenty of solid talent. You will land your prospects and finish in the top 2 in the conference (either you or PSU will finish first). So relax. Remember who your coach is. 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I just want every recruit, that's my hope for this cycle, that we get every recruit above a 1 star in the country.

Do they rate 1 stars?

Do they rate 1 stars?

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=769302

The 2nd star is a typo.