Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 3/12

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
March 12, 2014 at 4:59pm
9 Comments

Visitors List (Subject To Change)
March 17th
'16 ATH Demetris Robertson (Savannah, GA)
March 18th
'15 QB Tommy Stevens (Indianapolis, IN)
March 21st-22nd
'15 RB Larry Scott (Hubbard, OH)
'15 TE Chris Clark (Avon, CT)
'15 OL Simon Stepaniak (Hamilton, OH)
'15 OL James Daniels (Warren, OH)
'15 OL Patrick Allen (Reisterstown, MD)
'15 DE Darius Fullwood (Olney, MD)
'15 LB Josh Barajas (Merrillville, IN)
'15 ATH Jordan Whitehead (Monaca, PA)
'16 OL Sean Foster (Mundelein, IL)
March 29th
'15 OL David Robbins (Glenelg, MD)
'16 OL Tyler Gerald (Portsmouth, OH)
April 1st
'15 OL Gabe Megginson (Jacksonville, IL)
April 4th
'15 TE Hale Hentges (Jefferson City, MO)
April 10th
'16 OL Michal Menet (Reading, PA)
April 12th - Spring Game
'15 OL Larry Wells (Kenton, OH)
'15 LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane (Hallandale, FL) tentative
'16 OL Tommy Kraemer (Cincinnati, OH)

Scout $ - Scout300 TE down to four '15 FL TE Garrett Williams

• Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, and Stanford.

Scout $ - Five-star’s ‘heart dropped’ after offer '15 VA LB Ricky DeBerry

• Alabama offered...they see him as a pass-rushing DE or OLB...says he will start to narrow things down over the next couple of months.

24/7 $ - 5-star CB Toliver sets visit '15 FL DB Kevin Toliver II

• Will take officials to UCLA, Ohio State, Auburn, Virginia Tech and LSU...says he is still 110% committed to LSU.

South Recruiting Notebook (Scout)

sdfsdf

Juvall Mollette

Could one of the top wide receivers in the southeast be closing in on a decision? Two schools stand out and we talk about that and more inside...

Juval Mollette is a top 15 prospects in North Carolina. The Tar Heel State is loaded this cycle and the 6-foot-4, 186 pound star out of Randleman has started to narrow his list.

Clemson, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio State, and Tennessee are Mollette's top five, but Clemson and UNC are his top two.

All signs point to the Tar Heels being in the driver's seat to land this talented wideout. He has visited Chapel Hill numerous times, it is just over an over from home, and he has developed strong relationships with multiple coaches on the UNC staff.

Mollette plans to enroll at the school of his choice early and he still talks about a possible decision after official visits, but do not be surprised if he commits in the near future.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 3/12 - Gabe Megginson and Tommy Stevens set visit dates (LGHL)

adada

Gabe Megginson and Tommy Stevens both have visits planned in the near future to Ohio State. Megginson is an offensive line prospect while Stevens checks in as a quarterback. Do the Buckeyes have a legit shot to land either?

Kicking the news off today, 2015 offensive lineman Gabe Megginson told our Charles Doss that he will be making a visit to Columbus on April 1st. A four-star prospect, Megginson checks in at 6'5, 295 pounds and holds over 20 offers, most notably from Arkansas, Miami, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and of course Ohio State. From Jacksonville High School in Illinois, 247Sports Crystal Ball has him a 100% lock to Wisconsin, but this recruitment is far from over and could be just heating up. He gained a Buckeye offer on February 18th and April 1st will be his second visit to the Buckeye state after attending a camp last summer. However, the Badgers have been able to get him up in Madison multiple times and are the team to beat at the moment.

Though it's not brand new news, another offensive lineman will be visiting Ohio State in the near future as Simon Stepaniak, an Ohio native, will be making his way to campus on March 22nd. This is what he told Land-Grant Holy Land:

I'll be attending the 22nd. I've been in contact with coach Coombs the most. We have just talked about getting me up there and meeting with the coaches. Im definitely looking forward to watching how the coaching staff interacts with the players and meeting Coach Warinner.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: '15 QB Deondre Francois talks Buckeyes, process (LGHL)

fsfas

2015 quarterback Deondre Francois talks about his interest in the Buckeyes and more.

It's been mentioned on this website many times, but it can't be emphasized enough that the Buckeyes need at least one (and maybe two) quarterbacks in their 2015 recruiting class.

They have offered a handful of players at the position at the position already, one of which is Orlando (FL) Olympia quarterback Deondre Francois, who threw for 1,400 yards and tossed 19 touchdowns as a high school junior.

The standout quarterback has offers from and is hearing from some of the top schools in the nation, but there are a select few he hears from the most.

"Florida State, Tennessee, Auburn, Ohio State, Florida, Clemson, Miami, and a lot of other schools," Francois said of the schools he hears from the most.

Ohio State extended the 6'1, 190-pound signal caller a couple of weeks ago when running backs coach Stan Drayton was talking to Francois on the phone.

"Coach Drayton talked to me on the phone and said he liked my film and stuff and offered me," Francois told Land-Grant Holy Land. "He wants me to come up for a visit."

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments