Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

4* WR Van Jefferson (TN)

BuckeyeJ's picture
March 5, 2014 at 11:41am
29 Comments

Hearing he will move his commitment up to sometime next month. Seems to be trending TOSU! He grew up a Buckeye fan. He would be a great get! And might make some other WR targets look at us and commit early

Hoosierbuck7's picture

By "hearing" do you mean you read the 247Sports article on the subject. If so, I am "hearing" the same things. : )

Seriously, it sounds like a OSU-PSU battle. Considering that Urban Meyer is actively part of this recruitment, one has to feel good about the Buckeyes chances. 

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” - Urban Meyer

+4 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Actually just scanned through the article because I'm not a member. If there is anything I'm missing please add what u can. 

Buckeye Elite's picture

Urban all most always gets the guys he wants to part of the greatest university in American. Great get if he commits.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

osubuck57's picture

Getting Jefferson would be sweet. Didn't know PSU was that high up on his board. Figured it would be more of a Tennessee-OSU battle.

SCOTTC.

FROMTHE18's picture

have to think about Franklin's relationship with southern kids, especially Tennessee prospects given his Vandy years. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Would really love to have Kirk, Stump and Van Jefferson. Adding more speed and depth with hieght! 

+1 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

I'll see your Stump and raise you a Ridley... but either way OSU is certainly living the life!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I still wouldn't mind OSU offering C.J. Sanders at some point. I'd love to see another legacy, and speedster, come to OSU. I'd hate to see him go to and SEC school and tear it up.

On a side note, apparently many MBA practices in Nashville are fun b/c Herbie and Sanders sling the ball around...throwback to 1992 Bucks!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Buckabroad's picture

If van Jefferson really is trending our way that would be incredible news. Hard to understand why he is not rated higher. He seems to have it all to me.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

ODEEZ330's picture

Kids dad is an nfl wr coach and questions the wr use in urbans offense. Urban has 7 wr in the nfl right now though so if urb can convince dad i think he's a buckeye

O'Deez330
stark county football

TUNBUCK89's picture

Can't wait to see the first GRAY BOX in the new site!

DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but it seems the gray box has gone the way of the Dodo... We already had the site when Ben Edwards committed and, sadly, there was no gray box to be found. Its like drinking a glass of orange juice and realizing you accidentally poured yourself sunny D... its still refreshing, but you wish you just had your good old OJ back.

+6 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

I'm,kind hoping that it'll be back ! For me, at least,  It's an 11W trademark.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

I'd love for him to be the next commit for this class

O-H!

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

FWIW saw a bunch of people are crystal balling him to UT the past few days. Not sure if there's legit info on his interest switching or one person had a gut feeling and people are following suit. I honestly think the longer his recruitment goes on and if he doesn't make it back up for a follow up visit, the worse for the good guys.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I'm starting to wonder if OSU gets a receiver in this class unfortunately. IMO, seems like Jefferson really wanted to play for the Bucks, but his parents do not want him to go there, and now he's kind of leaning away from going there.

I really hope I'm wrong, because they could really use a receiver with his size and route running ability.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

We are top two for Peete

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I've seen that re: Peete for a while, it just seems like we don't hear much from him. He's probably smart enough to just not talk much about it.

kicks's picture

We don't hear anything about him because he's not focusing on recruiting right now.

otrain2416's picture

There's a good possibility EGW plays WR for us. If we swing and miss on Kirk and Jefferson, I would like to see us make a run at Alex Stump if he doesn't flip to Stanford

Killer nuts's picture

Many thanks for bumping this thread up rather than starting a new one

Braxton2Devin's picture

We need a tall WR, enough of the speedy 5'10s.... Jefferson is the one -- has the size and exceptional route-running

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

I would love to see Peete, Stump and Kirk in this class. Jefferson is planning on visiting Ohio State on July 16th, but I think his father will win out on this one and the kid will end up at Tennessee or Georgia.

+2 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

That's so sad... It shouldn't be the father's choice. It's not his recruitment process.

+5 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

I like Stump's tape, plus he's 6'5. I would love to have him and Peete in this class. Two 6'5 receivers in this class? Yes please.

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Only thing that made me nervous about Peete is 247 gave him a 4/10 on the hands rating which screams consistent drops to me at least.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

24/7 has him at 6'3.

Unless Stump camps, he's probably not going to get an offer.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Hudl says 6'5 so that's where I got that. Stump has said osu has already seen everything they need to see of him and he's not camping again. If he gets an offer, then he gets one.

+1 HS