Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ben Edwards is Set to Enroll Early at OSU

Gray Box's picture
February 28, 2014 at 11:38am
18 Comments

After some scare that Ben Edwards was taking visits to other schools and was possibly going to decomitt and go else where, the likelihood looks even less now that he plans on graduating early and should then should be an early enrollee at OSU. Edwards, and teammate Kevin Toliver (currently committed to LSU), both are now academically eligible to graduate from high school and then enroll in college early. This does not completely rule out Edwards from going elsewhere, but it is less time and a step closer to him getting on OSU campus as a studnet, especially since he recently squashed the rumors of him decommitted and reaffirmed his pledge to the Buckeyes.

Gray Box's picture

Here are a few of his rumor squashing tweets for those who may have missed them:

This is my personal favorite so far:

+13 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Sweet.  help build this class's foundation Mr. Edwards!

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

Seattle Linga's picture

This would be one huge step

DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Good news indeed. Would love for him to be "solid" the entire time so he can remain in the ears of his talented teammates.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

That guy is a Mike Doss type heat seeking missile.  Run, pass, it doesn't matter, he's going to lay the wood.  The very 1st play of his high school highlight video he pulled a Ryan Shazier and darn near knocked himself out!  We have been missing a hard hitting safety for a little while now.  Glad to hear he's coming early. 

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I think we all seem to forget that Christian Bryant absolutely was a hard-hitting safety. Not that all of his hits were legal, but he could definitely bring the wood.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

See all I remember is Bryant lowering his shoulder/head and missing the play (overrun or shook out of his cleats). Remember when Denard Robinson was on a QB draw and Barnett and Bryant both lowered the shoulder? Remember what happened? They stood Robinsons ass back up to the tune of I believe 40-50 yards and a TD

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

I agree Owl, Bryant could lay the wood, but he didn't have that reputation, like a Tatum, Doss, Coleman, or Whitner, for putting fear into a receiver as a "headhunter" (I think the NCAA is going to suspend me for one year from 11W for saying that word).

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

They won't. Goodell on the other hand just fined you 10,000 stickers.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
buckskin's picture

He can't have those.  I'll see him in arbitration!!

+4 HS
toad1204's picture

Good stuff Gray.  Thanks for the post.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

So excited for this kid.  I love o-linemen and defensive players with a nasty streak.  A guy like him will certainly have receivers thinking twice about going up for a ball

+1 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

GRAY is impressive. He keeps adding value to the site with some great stuff while avoiding to copy what GENESTARWIND does. I wish i could upvote you. Keep up the good work.

+6 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Thanks GB, this kid looks like he likes to bring the wood.  Need an enforcer in the secondary.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

glad he's sticking with the good guys. Very solid start to the 2015 class, one that I feel will be arguably the best in the country when NSD rolls around in 11 months. 

BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

Shewww! That means he only has 9 months to change his mind! Lol! Hope he sticks cause he looks nasty! But way to long to go to consider him locked!

+1 HS