Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

'15 RB Andre Robinson...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
February 27, 2014 at 6:39pm
8 Comments

Has committed to Penn State. Buckeyes had offered and some thought Larry Johnson's influence might be enough to get Ohio State a real look but apparently not. Excellent pickup for Franklin and the 2015 Penn State class continues to look very good.

Andre Robinson

BassDropper's picture

B1G recruiting is going to look a lot different in 2015. Penn State will finish near the top 10, Michigan will continue to recruit well, Michigan State has a ton of momentum and have a bunch of big name recruits interested in playing for Dino, Nebraska is off to a hot start, Gary Anderson is a very good recruiter also, and  Of course, Urban will have another top 5 class (maybe #1).

This recruiting season for the B1G could go a long way in changing the perception of the conference.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture
Better watch yourself Franklin, this is my house

+6 HS
m5987usus's picture

This is one of my favortie GIFS out of any gif.  Look at Urb, just a total boss!!!

O-H!

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I think he will better than Leonard Fournette. Great pickup for Penn State.

FROMTHE18's picture

id be curious to see from a more expert point of view why penn state (small town, relatively little success in the BCS era, problems with Sandusky/etc.) can still draw recruits….if its BOB/Franklin then coaches matter more than we think in recruiting, if not, then what makes kids want to play ball there? Just confuses me how they are getting kids who aren't those that would qualify towards a walk-on to most 'powerhouses'. 

+2 HS
buckguy10's picture

Penn State is a national powerhouse. They might have gone through a few dark years in the late 1990s and early 2000s but anytime a competent coach arrives at a national powerhouse, they are going to be able to draw top recruits. Something similar happened at Alabama. They went through a lull and had zero BCS success prior to Nick Saban arriving and now they are the envy of every college football program.

+3 HS
TheHumbleBuckeye's picture

Like OSU, they're in a state with very little if any serious D1 competition. Also, if you've never been to a night game in Happy Valley, then you should make plans to go sometime. It's something special. I think that Michigan game last year is solely responsible for swaying a handful of recruits. The atmosphere and energy were incredible.

osubuck57's picture

Good for Penn State and Franklin. Will just add more to the rivalry. Important to keep your in-state talent home.

SCOTTC.