Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

What happened to Rutgers' recruiting class

CC's picture
February 25, 2014 at 1:45pm
16 Comments

I know Rutgers had a bunch of guys decommit (in the teens), does anyone know what happened there?  Flood is still there and there wasn't much news that I noticed.  In theory they could be a bunch of unrelated decommitments but it seems like something more systemic.

Furious George 27's picture

Their D-Coordinator got fired for "bullying" mid season and going 6-7 didn't help keep commits. I would be surprised if Schiano does not come back 

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

703Buckeye's picture

Rutgers happened to Rutgers.

Losing both their coordinators, a lackluster season, the AD scandal, and apparent lack of investment in facilities really turned off former commits.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

What happened to their recruiting class? Here's a summary infographic:

+5 HS
dc28's picture

Classic nonverbal explanation of what happened to the Rutgers Football Program

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Flood's "no visit" policy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Its not good for us. They're in our conference. We need them to recruit well

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+3 HS
CC's picture

I agree. NJ always has serious talent but it often goes out of the area - Brian Cushing (USC) and Knowshon Moreno (UGA) come to mind but there are plenty of others.

It would be great to keep those guys int he B1G.  PSU has always scavenged DE, MD, VA, NJ and NY but it isn't like OSU in Ohio.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

No we don't.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

They started off the recruiting season hot, but the toxic atmosphere starts at the top, and they have a long way to go to rebuild.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
+4 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I actually went to a Rutgers website and congratulated them on how well they were recruiting. Then they completely imploded.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Buckeyeneer:

Will you please do the same next year to:

bama TTUN USC Bert's team wherever he is coaching MSU Wisky 

+2 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I'm on it.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

elitesmithie's picture

The better question is how did it get to the point that it was that good?

HattanBuck85's picture

Rutgers needs to get rid of Flood. Maybe bring back Schiano if he wants to return to CFB. It's not like New Jersey is weak with talent. I would say NJ is actually one of the Top 10 fertile recruiting grounds ( after the likes of: Florida, Texas, California, Ohio, Georgia) and if they could just keep their talent in-state, Rutgers could be a damn good team. 

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS