Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

What not to Tweet a recruit

Sin City Buckeye's picture
February 23, 2014 at 1:58am
51 Comments

Stuff like this makes my blood boil. Someone who just signs up for Twitter and proceeds to trash the #1 RB recruit in the nation and tries to speak for Buckeyes.The dude says on his profile he is an Ohio State Alum of the 2005 class which would be someone in their 30's. You would think he would have half of a brain and know better to tweet disrespectful stuff to high school kids. Either that, or he is a _ichigan fan posing as a Buckeye fan. I just don't get people....

Deadly Nuts's picture

He would make a great scout team RB... He would also make a very good starting running back.

Fuck m*ch*gan! That is all.

+6 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

at least he didn't tweet about how young the kid looks.  

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987

Mortc15's picture

He'd make 1 of the best scout teamers of all time.

Buck-I4Life

Whoa Nellie's picture

Kentucky fan returning a favor.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+9 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If Hoke is still the coach, his talent will be wasted in AA.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I think Woody of the 21st century would say nothing good ever happens on Twitter.

"Success - it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+6 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Twitter is the devil.  Facebook is second.

+2 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I won't place the blame on the technology. I'll just say that some people are just dumb and can't be trusted with it.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+6 HS

Twitter is the devil. 

Youtube would like a word.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
AndyVance's picture

Twitter is the devil.  Facebook is second.

Mom, is that you?

+4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Twitter is awesome, but a lot of people on Twitter suck.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Social media just gives those who are idiots a stage to prove it to the world.

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

+2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

It's a Michigan fan... Dude just started tweeting yesterday. I'm sure he got an account as a Buckeye fan and immediately started trolling Harris.

+12 HS
Jbucks's picture

its Brady Hoke trying out new tactics lmao

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

Chief B1G Dump's picture

You can easily tell that this guy is an imposter by his 1 glaring physiological mistake...every true Buckeye fan capitalizes the "B" in Buckeyes. This jabrone capitalized the A's in Ann Arbor but not the B in Buckeyes!? I smell a skunk weasel imposter...

+21 HS
TCOB_6's picture

I'm with you on this one. What kind of Ohio State fan/alum capitalizes the A's in Ann Arbor but not the B in Buckeyes? Can never take someone seriously who opens a brand new account and immediately posts a bonehead comment like that. The anonymity of the internet...

+4 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Spot on Chief, can't mistake that smell. 

+3 HS
OSUpawn's picture

Don't have 100 HS.  So this is my + 1 for your detective work

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

kholmes's picture

Well, if its any comfort...OSU fans on twitter still have alot of catching up to do to look anywhere near as stupid in front of Harris given all the moron Michigan fans that tweeted at him when Harris decommitted in January.

+10 HS
Unky Buck's picture

It wasn't Shaggy either.

+6 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Said I tweeted on his twitter .... wuzzn' me

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

if only natural selection had a twitter subsection

+1 HS
cpewster's picture

Anyone that harasses a minor on social media should face prosecution. It's pathetic. This guy is a joke of a _ichigan fan. If he was a true Buckeyes fan he would want all the talent in Columbus they could get. I hope karma bites this guy in the ass.

+1 HS
Swayze's picture

grown men should not be tweeting minors period, and it's obviously a fake account. 

+1 HS

What about grown women?

+1 HS
Swayze's picture

lol, I ain't sayin she a golddigger

+1 HS
FitzBuck's picture

WHAT NOT TO TWEET A RECRUIT

Jeopardy answer:  What is anything

Fitzbuck

Toledo - Ohio's right armpit 

"A troll by any other name is still a troll". 

+9 HS
Unky Buck's picture

...and he got it wrong. His wager? Eleventy billion dollars.

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

if you read what else he is tweeting at Harris…if it is real, he must have the IQ of an embryo… also, he apparently has a wife, color me doubtful. 

+2 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Does anyone else think the whole idea of twitter is ridiculous? It just seems like a way to troll anyone in the world. I cannot imagine myself having any interest in texting a 17 year old kid about anything, let alone trash talking. Sorry for the old man rant. I understand recruiting guys like Brim having a legit use for it. But why not leave it at that. I trust him to keep our fanbase in the know.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Because it's how most people get their news about everything now.

I thought that's what people used facebook for. I'm 31 and don't use either. I use the internet for news purposes and hobbies, but I have always been afraid to have a social media account because of how it seems like a huge distraction. I see people everywhere with their faces buried in a cell phone typing away and I just find it sort of sad. I get it, this is the future of technology and newspapers and magazines are dead etc.  I just think twitter seems like an odd way to basically say whatever you want to anyone in the world with no consequence. The problem isn't always the technology, but putting it in the hands of the common population seems to be the issue. Combine that with sports fandom and stuff like the OP posted is what you will always get. There will always be some double digit IQ out there making a general population or group look foolish. It just seems like there is no accountability for anything anymore when it comes to the media and internet. Sorry if I come off as whiny or old man like. It's just frustrating. I feel like all the social media stuff is just unhealthy and as killing off human interaction. Just my opinion.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+4 HS
toad1204's picture

You could look at 11w as a kind of social media account albeit in a niche, but still, it's a different kind but offers a lot of the same attributes of Twitter, FB, ect...  

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+4 HS
sharks's picture

I don't use facebook because I don't want to be connected to hundreds of friends that I'm not really friends with.

I don't use twitter because I don't care about what kind of shoes Kim Kardashian was wearing last week.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+5 HS
Buckeye5000's picture

I don't do twitter...and I really can't figure out why others do and the only reason I have a facebook account is to play poker.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I don't use Facebook either! I strictly use Twitter, and I don't even use it that much. Between this site, and Scout.com's pay board, that's all I frequent.

11 warriors is the only site I have a profile on. My wife set me up an instagram account for kids pictures. That's about all I have. I agree on the facebook thing. In my opinion it just perpetuates immaturity through connecting you to people from your youth. Sure I miss my friends from HS and from my football team, but most of us have grown apart and have our own lives. I guess I feel like a part of the responsibility of being an adult and a parent is to remove yourself from your youth so that you can focus on your children and not what everyone else is doing. I've always felt like a part of becoming an adult was leaving a lot of that stuff behind so you can move forward.  Man I really feel old. I remember having a myspace page when that was in its prime, and I thought it seemed so superficial and fake. The feeling I get from facebook is that its a faux back patting session that never seems to end.

SpoonerBuck33's picture

Been confirmed it's a fake account and that was one of the first things that was tweeted.

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

The twitter account has been suspended, so should be no more tweets from that person. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Some people should not have a license to use any type of social media

PittBuckeye's picture

In fairness to that guy, he was right about Harris being a great scout team RB, I mean Hyde would have made a great scout team RB too.

+3 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

That is why I deleted my twitter account. Not because I would do this, except to snooki and jwow, but because I do not want to be associated with stupid people like this in the arena of social media that is basically fighting behind a computer screen., even if they are the minority. Such a panzy

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Do not think that was a Buckeye fan at all...Why would a real Buckeye fan tell the #1 RB to stay in AA? Seems like a Michigan fan trying to make us look bad and help his team at the same time. The people that do this little childish shit really need a good ass kicking. The internet has allowed every 5'7 135lbs pimple faced punk in grannys basement to all of a sudden have an alter ego the size of Rampage Jacksons. If I was out at the bar having a good night with friends and overheard somebody bragging about doing something like this I would be tempted to smack flames out of them.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
razrback16's picture

No doubt it's a Michigan fan.

teddyballgame's picture

Couldn't be more fake.

+1 HS
ScarletNGrey01's picture

Here is kind of an interesting article (it's short) that summarizes a psychology study titled "Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People"  http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/in...

The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare to win. -- Woody Hayes

KBonay's picture

Twitter is best for following...not tweeting. 

+3 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

I do definitely feel this is a fake account. Either way it's a great lesson for normal people to see what some assholes are doing on Twitter. I think it's inexcusable to be tweeting recruits period-of any school. I don't even think there is much of a reason to be tweeting current players. Wishing well for an injury or death in the family would be two exceptions, in my opinion. Once they leave Ohio State, tweet away. It's one of the situations where you can say LITERALLY nothing good can come from it. 

+1 HS