247 $ - Top five for 5-star Taj Griffin '15 GA RB Taj Griffin
- Oregon, USC, Clemson, Ohio State & Florida State. Says USC, Oregon & Clemson are recruiting him the hardest and he wants to play in an up-tempo offense. Has taken several visits already and wants to visit USC & Ohio State.
Rivals - Layne is a big-time talent '16 OH WR Justin Layne
- Offered by Michigan State and receiving interest from Wisconsin. Wants to hear from Ohio State, TTUN & Penn State.
Scout $ - Pellage 'shocked' by 'Bama offer '15 FL OL Christian Pellage
- Shocked by the 'Bama offer but says all schools are still even...want to see hos next season goes before he names favorites.
Scout $ - PSU’s Recruitment of Baker Heats Up '15 OH ATH Jerome Baker
- Spent most of his PSU visit with LB coach Brent Pry...says the new staff at PSU is full of energy and he, his dad and his younger brother had a good visit...says he grew up a PSU fan.
Scout $ - Campbell is blowing up '16 VA DE Kyree Campbell
- Offers from Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio State, Old Dominion, Vanderbilt and Virginia...also hearing from Notre Dame, Alabama, UConn, Penn State and Georgia...thinks he will camp at UVA, Alabama, Georgia and Penn State.
247 $ - Five-star DE wants to hear from A&M '15 VA DE Josh Sweat
- Hearing the most from Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Florida State, Tennessee & North Carolina. Wants to visit Ohio State, Florida State & Tennessee. Distance not a factor.
24/7 $ - 4-star back Williams names Top 3 '15 FL RB Dexter Williams
- UGA offered earlier this week...top three are Ohio State, Florida and Georgia...grew up an FSU fan but his dad loved the Gators.
Rivals $ - 2016 QB offered and will camp '16 PA QB Brandon McIlwain
- By Givler....Offered by Coach Warinner, will camp at Ohio State in June and calls Ohio State one of his top schools. Threw for 1700 yards & 14 TDs as a sophomore and also ran for 800 yards and 11 TDs.
247 $ - Four Star RB Has OSU In His Top 5 '15 FL ATH RayRay McCloud
- By Kurelic....Over 20 offers, with Notre Dame being the most recent. Top 5 of Florida, Clemson, Ohio State, UCLA & Notre Dame. Plans on visiting Ohio State this summer and talks to Coach Drayton.
Newly Offered: '16 PA QB Brandon McIlwain
Newly Offered: '15 MD OL Isaiah Prince
The big news yesterday was come on the hoops side of things. Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that '16 SF Miles Bridges would be visiting Columbus on Saturday. The Buckeyes will square off against the Golden Gophers while Bridges is in town and will try to get some revenge after falling to Minnesota 63-53 back in the middle of January.
Land-Grant Holy Land talks to 2015 QB Torrance Gibson about his interest in the Buckeyes, when he may decide, and more.
After failing to land a quarterback out of their top group of Deshaun Watson, Brandon Harris, and Jerrod Heard in the 2014 recruiting cycle, Urban Meyer and the rest of the Ohio State coaching staff have quarterback as a top priority in the 2015 cycle.
The staff has already offered a handful of quarterbacks, with the guys sitting the highest being Fort Lauderdale (FL) Heritage QB Torrance Gibson, Kennesaw (GA) Harrison QB Lorenzo Nunez, and Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's prep QB Brandon Wimbush, with many others sitting just outside their top group.
While the staff would love to add any three of the aforementioned quarterbacks, Gibson is the guy who sits at the very top of their recruiting board.
Ohio State has had quite a bit of contact with the 6'4, 200-pound signal caller. He has been talking to many of the Buckeye coaches.
"I have been in contact with all of the coaches, I talk to every coach," Gibson said. "I talk to Mark Pantoni, Urban Meyer, Zach Smith, coach (Tom) Herman. I talk to pretty much all of the coaches."
Ohio State recently offered class of 2015 offensive tackle Grant Newsome. See what the four star prospect had to say about it.
Already having Marcelys Jones and Kyle Trout on campus as early enrollees, Ohio State offensive line coach Ed Warinner probably resembled a kid on Christmas morning when the paperwork for Demetrius Knox, Jamarco Jones and Brady Taylor came rolling through the fax machine earlier this month.
Adding five standouts in the class of 2014 definitely has the offensive line depth chart looking very promising for years to come, but that doesn't mean that Urban Meyer, Warinner and the rest of the coaching staff are done trying to add bodies up front.
In just the last few weeks alone, Ohio State has offered a number of the top offensive line prospects in the country, including Tyler Jordan, Conner Dyer, Patrick Allen, Luke Hiers and Gabe Megginson. Another class of 2015 lineman to receive a scholarship offer from the Bucks was Grant Newsome.
After being in touch with Coach Warinner for quite awhile, Newsome, the 25th highest rated tackle and 235th overall player in his class according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, was let known by his Lawrenceville School (NJ) head coach Danny O'Dea about the OSU offer after he talked with the Buckeye assistant on the telephone.
2016 Gahanna (OH) DE/LB Jonathon Cooper talks about his combine performance, his interest in the Buckeyes, and more.
In addition to the 20 or so players who had D1 scholarship offers at the annual Best of the Midwest combine, there were many talented players who had the talent to get offers, but had yet to receive the necessary attention of colleges.
One of these prospects was 2016 Gahanna (OH) Lincoln defensive end/linebacker Jonathon Cooper, who had one of the best overall performances at the combine.
The rising defender has picked up two offers since his combine performance, both from BCS schools, Illinois and Kentucky. Cooper thought he performed pretty well at the combine.
"I think I did a good job in most of the drills and also showing my athletic ability, and showing my ability to work hard," Cooper told Land-Grant Holy Land following his performance at the combine.
At the time we spoke he had yet to receive an offer, but he had still been hearing from a couple of big time football programs.
"Some of the schools I've been hearing from are Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern, Penn State, and Illinois," the rising defensive end said.