Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Trent Thompson to Visit Ohio State

Silver Bullet 10's picture
February 19, 2014 at 12:20am
28 Comments

The nation's #1 overall player in the class of 2015 was just recently offered.

Alpo's picture

I was curious why this kid hadn't received an offer up until now, but am glad he got it and plans on visiting. So many studs recruits this year, urban may actually have to turn some away. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Alpo - you're 100% correct - recruiting can become a very tough business. If you think we saw drama this year with MM, just wait until your head spins when you watch it unfold with so many great players in their last year of high school.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Right this way big fella...

A guy like this will probably get offered by every program that thinks they have a realistic chance.

Can't ask for more at this point... he's interested and wants to visit.  Make it happen.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+6 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+8 HS
Gray Box's picture

He's a pretty big boy!

Bigger

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

This kid needs the red carpet treatment. Giving our success in Georgia, i'm interested to see how Urban plays this one. I missed out all these years recruiting. Didn't know how fun this could be.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Where is everyone getting these GIF's?

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

FROMTHE18's picture

let Kwon talk to this kid and we'll be just fine

+2 HS
Gray Box's picture

Trenton Thompson - Top 2015 Recruit - Westover (GA):

+4 HS
Grover's picture

Damn, he's the type of guy that doesn't need his highlight tape paused with an arrow pointing to him to tell us which one he is.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Bull-rushing 101.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Once again where can I get some of these cool GIf's everyone is posting. 

Bruce Lee

-2 HS
Alpo's picture

Google GIFS and a lot of sites will show up. Reactiongifs.com is a free one for ya

Alpo's picture

Edit:double post

RunEddieRun1983's picture

This kid and Tim Settle?  Wow I'm in heaven.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

Not sure which coach recruits that area but I'm sure Larry will make him an elite football player.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
BuckeyeNation_330's picture

Would possibly be one of if not the biggest "get" if we could land Thompson, kid looks like a monster.

"Bleed Scarlet, Die Gray"

osubuck57's picture

I see a lot of double-teams in his future. Great highlights and explodes off the ball. Easy to see why he's the #1 ranked player. Big Hank 2.0.

SCOTTC.

BuckeyeJ's picture

I hope he does make the trip. I like our chances if he does! Kid is HUGE

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Kevin Toliver also says he will visit.  If we could pull Toliver away from LSU, get Gibson, and Holland, this recruiting class would be the best in Ohio State history IMO

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
buckfeet's picture

This kid is a monster for sure. Very fast first step. I think he is better than Big Hank coming out HS.  Want ...want ...want....!!!

Jbucks's picture

LETS GO CHERRY PICKING lets see

#1 DT QB Torrence Gibson.... Yes Please

#1 DT/Overall Player Trent Thompson....Yes Thank You

#1 CB Kevin Toliver.... AWWW You Shouldnt have 

#4 DT Tim Settle... I Accept that 

#5 OLB Sh'Mar Kilby Lane.... Umm yeah

#1 OLB Justin Hillard... Yes Yes Ill take him too!

#4 OLB/MLB Rick Deberry...Well of Course 

#4 CB Minkah Fitzpatrick... Come on we got room 

anybody you would like to add to this list of Dreams? hopefully some DE's? 

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

#1 RB Damien Harris... why not? better than going to *ichigan

Class of '16

Jbucks's picture

#1 RB Damien Harris... For me? yeeah

#1 SDE Terry Beckner JR.... yeah of course he should

#1 WDE Jashon Cornell.... Now thats a DL class for the Ages

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

FROMTHE18's picture

Id like to think we have a legit shot at landing a few of those on the list. Long way to go, plenty of time for Urban and staff to do their magic. Be amazing to have a Bama-esque class loaded with players that are near the top at their position.