Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 2/12 (Dwayne Lawson, Ryan Bates & Tyler Jordan offered)

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
February 12, 2014 at 6:23pm
5 Comments

Newly Offered: '15 PA OT Ryan Bates

Newly Offered: '15 FL OT Tyler Jordan

Newly Offered: '15 FL QB Dwayne Lawson

Ohio Recruiting: Border to Border (11W)

Noah Listerman

Two years ago, Noah Listermann had never stepped foot on a football field. Now, he's one of the most highly sought after recruits in Ohio.

"It's still kind of a shock to me honestly," Listermann told 11W on his opportunity to play major division 1 football. Beginning his football career as a sophomore, Noah has developed into one of the best linemen in Ohio through size, athleticism and great effort. "I'm mostly an effort guy because of my lack of experience. I like running into people so anything that involves smashing into someone I'm pretty good at," said Listermann.

Noah is currently working on developing his technique and footwork. Once he does, he could be scary good. At 6-foot-8 and 280 lbs Noah is already a great athlete with a great motor, which is why many coaches have taken notice despite him only having a couple of years of experience.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 2/12 - More Ben Edwards, Damien Harris visits (LGHL)

Starting the action off today, the biggest news of Tuesday came when Florida safety Ben Edwards gave his commitment to Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes. Edwards chose Ohio State over Auburn, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Missouri. Since there is about a year until next year's signing day, you can never be too sure when grabbing out-of-state commitments, so the Ohio State coaching staff will need to continue to recruit him at a high level. However, the most important thing is that he is a Buckeye and this could also bode well in Jeffrey Holland's recruitment, who is Edwards teammate and a highly regarded linebacker in 2015. Here is our Christopher Jason's scouting report:

Great size for his age at 6-0, 196 lbs. Edwards is a terrifying hitter at safety, one who looks for the knockout hit and instills fear in the opposing offense. Edwards will need to learn how to wrap up on a more consistent basis at the next level but he is a serious hitter with no fear. He has excellent closing speed and possesses good ball skills. Can play in the box and may project as a strong safety once his already muscular frame fills out.

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments