Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Websites of other schools

trock's picture
February 12, 2014 at 11:23am
30 Comments

I was wondering if we might be able to put a list together of websites to visit for other schools? I am always interested in seeing how other fans react to news about their team, especially when it comes to recruiting. 

It would also be nice to read about other teams to become more informed.

buckeyestu's picture

You can try googling various colleges and get all kinds of info.

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Once upon a time there was a twitter feed of OSU related folks and a roll-call type feed from other B1G sites and their latest posts. I might've just made that up, or dreamed it, but I think I remember that stuff.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

It was probably on the old site...

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Yeah it was, but one day it disappeared. It used to be located under the Recent Posts and Recent Comments sections. 

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

Yea, I really miss the Recent Comments.  But don't tell Earle I said that.

+4 HS
Earle's picture

See, if we had Recent Comments, I'd have seen this hours ago.  Not that I'm complaining.  I promised I wouldn't do that.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+5 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

The Twitter feed lives.

We killed the blogroll about a year and a half ago.

Buckeyeneer's picture

If you want pure comedy, go over to the Penn State Rivals site, "Blue White Illustrated" and check out the McAndrews forum. http://bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=36 It is pure comedy.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Warning: Side effects may include nausea, headaches, nervous tics and a general loss of faith in humanity. In rare cases may cause insanity.

+1 HS
Catch 5's picture

Well, since that is a big reason I read this site, I'll say that the site I favor for Alabama is Roll Bama Roll.  I recommend this excercise as it really does open up your view of things and lead to a better understanding of the national landscape of college football.

Make their asses quit! - Nick Saban

-1 HS
Oyster's picture

Do they discuss and provide specific talking points to use when defending oversigning?

+6 HS

I recommend this excercise as it really does open up your view of things and lead to a better understanding of the national landscape of college football.

The next 'Bama fan I meet who had an understanding of the national landscape of college football outside of dogpatch will be the first.

+1 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

BamaMike might take umbrage to that comment!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

+1 HS

Nah, he's too nice to take offense but still...touché.

I just spent too much time around residents of the Yellowhammer State and have become jaded.

BuckeyeVet's picture

Are you living in Alabama now? Sorry to hear that if you are! I like being surrounded by my Buckeye friends, family, co-workers, & neighbors.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

My first wife is from just outside of Opelika. While I do keep in touch with her family (one of her brothers teaches at Auburn and the other works in the Alabama AD), I only set foot in the state once a year on my daughter's birthday to visit her gravesite.

I currently split time between Ohio & Sweden.

Run_Fido_Run's picture

Generally speaking, the non-Walmart Bama fans are a pretty classy and welcoming group (of course, their Walmart fans are some of the worst, even compared to other schools' Walmart fan bases). Also generally speaking, the worst SEC fan bases are LSU and FLA.

BME_Buckeye's picture

Secrant

Red cedar message board

GopherHole

Illinois Loyalty

HuskerBoard

Hawkeye Nation

Off tackle Empire

Tigerdroppings

Mgoblog

Buckyville

All of these are sites I've either been on or continue to blog on. Tigerdroppings is probably the best as it's more inclusive of other fanbases, not just one.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+4 HS

Off Tackle Empire is a great site as is Tigerdroppings.

Hello_Heisman's picture

Damn BME - how do you have enough time in the day to contribute to all those sites? That just sounds exhausting.

60% of the time it works.....every time

BME_Buckeye's picture

I'm not on them all that much to contribute to them. 

About a third of them I rarely go on and just see what's being discussed around their teams to stay current with other Big Ten schools or debunk rumors.

Another third I just blog on before and after the games to see how our teams matches up and talk about the game both before and after.

The last third are ones that I contribute to daily. OTE, Tigerdroppings,  RCMB, 11W, and Buckyville are all ones I follow very closely although I've laid off blogging with the Badgers to do more with the Spartans. 

I'm around on several sites but not near as busy as it seems. Gotta live life to and get off the computer/tablet. Btw, I've changed my account name on Mgo to our former president if you hadn't noticed. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

Hello_Heisman's picture

I hadn't noticed the user name change on MGo as I haven' t posted there for the last 2-3 weeks. What's the new user name I should keep an eye out for?

BME_Buckeye's picture

E. Gordon Gee

Hello_Heisman's picture

Nice.  I'm sure that's winning you a lot of brownie points over there.  Does your avatar include a bow tie?

BME_Buckeye's picture

I can't upload a pic there for some reason.  I'll see if one of the mods can do it for me. Brownie Points,  yes!

sharks's picture

Can't seem to find anything on U of Phoenix's site

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+10 HS
Oyster's picture

You have to physically go there.

+5 HS

Some sites I've found enjoyable:

ShaggyBevo - Texas message board

Testudo Times - Maryland blog

Black Heart Gold Pants - Iowa blog

Every Day Should Be Saturday - Started out as a Florida blog but morphed into more expansive coverage

+1 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Black Shoe Diaries can probably best be described as tragicomedy, with its unintentional stabs at (sometimes very) dark humor, finger-pointing, delusional rants on ideological superiority, and bourbon-drenched self-loathing. The writing is almost always pretty good, though, even when it veers towards dialogue that would normally require a doctor's referral.