Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Esa Ahmad - climbing up the ranks

Seattle Linga's picture
February 11, 2014 at 11:16pm
5 Comments

As a junior this 6-7 Power Forward from Shaker Heights is really turning some heads on the national picture. He is climbing up the ranks and it already one of the best players in Cuyahoga County. Does anyone know if Thad has visions on this kid? He looks and appears to have potential to be a great player that is averaging over 27 points.

As Always Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-2824487893684443395/...

sbentz4's picture

I think that he is a less athletic, less skilled Jabari Parker.  Which still makes him a great player, just not elite.  Thad could take a stab at him, but I think he may be more like a low major D1 or a high mid major prospect which his offers would indicate.  I could see him becoming a very good player at a Butler or Dayton type school.

Seattle Linga's picture

That's true - you make a good point. I think if he was not dependent on scoring 30 points a game he would fit as a great compliment to a superstar. He could really be the un-stopable force with the right team. Shaker Heights just beat St. Eds last night who was ranked number 1 in the state. 

buckeyebowhunter's picture

Actually reminds me of a beefier Marc Loving.  

buckeyebowhunter's picture

I am surprised we have not extended an offer to Kyle Ahrens out of Versailles.  He has offers from Iowa, Michigan State, Cincinnati among others.  He's a sharp shooting SF that can also take it to the rim.  

Seattle Linga's picture

Pretty versatile - I am sure Thad will offer,