Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Any word Shelby Spence official visit?

Sin City Buckeye's picture
February 8, 2014 at 8:50pm
14 Comments

I saw in Quick Bits that he was visiting Feb 7th. High School teammate and friend of Jamarco Jones.

Thanks for any info!!

PittBuckeye's picture

If you ask in quick bits there's a much better chance Gene answers you quicker. Personally I know nothing.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

He is visiting. He is a preferred walk-on candidate that is drawing interest from Ivy league schools. I don't want to bother him on his visit because I'm sure he has better things to do than talk to reporters while he is in Columbus. 

buckeye4life050233's picture
+3 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, nothing in depth, but lets me know he is there. Much appreciated.

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+2 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture
+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Well if he's going to win the Heisman I'll take him.

+2 HS
mtrotb's picture

Is it even an official visit?  Can we pay the expenses for someone who is walking on?

mtrotb

Crimson's picture

I don't see why not.  We pay for official visits for dozens of kids who sign elsewhere.

+4 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

We pay for officials of kids who never sign all the time. Why not pay for an official for a kid who is willing to walk-on? 

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I think Stephen Collier is a guy who will be hosting recruits for the next 4-5 years. From everything I read he's an exceptional young man and student. I follow him on Twitter and actually enjoy reading his tweets 

+5 HS
Buckeye Elite's picture

Has to be very smart to get interest from Ivy League schools. If he walks on he could be a kid to watch to be put on scholarship later in his career.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

+1 HS
Statutoryglory's picture

Love this kid's highlights.  He would be a welcome addition to the Buckeyes.  I'm a little peeved at my alma mater Miami Redhawks for not offering this guy right now and twice on Sunday.  

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Spence made his visit this past weekend, here are the cliff notes:

• Had a great visit. "Really enjoyed his visit to Columbus."
  • Buckeyes did not offer him a scholarship.
  • Still has some decisions to make with his parents about the future. Could hold out for Buckeyes to offer.
  • Would absolutely be a safety at Ohio State, offered or as a walk-on.

I think there's some inclination on his part to wait it out, to take a chance. He's got Ivy League offers but wants to play big-time football. Maybe the Buckeyes are waiting to see what happens with Malik McDowell before making a move on him?

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Im sure Mr. Spence is going to have to see what kind of financial aid package he can get from the Ivy leaguers and seriously weigh his options. It is very rare for walk-ons to get serious playing time at the big boy level. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. If he can get a nice enough financial aid package from an Ivy league and afford it then that would be a very nice option to have in life.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS