Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

ESPN recruiting hot board- players they think are headed to Columbus in 2015 class

danbrown7665's picture
February 7, 2014 at 12:32pm
22 Comments

they only did predictions for their top 50 recruits but OSU got 4 predictions in those top 50

#9 Terry Beckner Jr.

#11 Torrance Gibson

#17 Damien Harris
#29 Minkah Fitzpatrick

kgratz's picture

Tim Settle? does ESPN not have him in top 50?

How Firm Thy Friendship

Killer nuts's picture

I guess it would be OK if we got those 4 guys

+11 HS
hodge's picture

Yeah.  I mean, "twist my arm", right?

+6 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

You are so very gracious.

danbrown7665's picture

right now settle is predicted to go to bama because of his good friend D.Hand

Also: Tim Settle is far from a lock like most people seem to think.i personally think he goes to UVA

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Larry Johnsons ability to establish a solid relationship with Settle is going to be huge. He is the type of kid LJsr could turn into the #1 overall pick. When D.Hand was supposedly going to *ichigan Settle didn't have weaselville as his first option. This day and age Bama is pretty much the leader for whoever they want it seems. Well we beat them head to head for quite a few top prospects in 14' and Im sure it will be the same in 15'. Feels like Meyer won more battles then he lost against Saban last year.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

PittBuckeye's picture

Yes and no, Urban didn't really grab any kids from Sabans territory, and Saban didn't grab any of Urbs guys. It's kind of like they both held serve mostly.

TheBadOwl's picture

Derek Kief?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Swayze's picture

kief was from cintucky

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

5* Raekwon McMillan was more in Sabans territory and was a huge win for Urban at a position of need.

4* Derek Kief from Cincinnati Lasalle was definitely in our territory and a smaller victory for Saban.

Saban went hard after a lot of our guys from the Glenville trio all the way to Terry Mclauren. Bama is the team I would most want to face in a playoff and beat just so our staff could use the old score board adage when recruiting top flight kids that Saban is also after.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

One glance at the new scholarship grid (kudos 11w staff) will show you how important DT will be to next year's recruiting class, and Settle is the top guy.  He's already visited and will be getting the full court press from Urban and the staff, and when that happens Urban usually gets his guy.  He's certainly no lock, but I'd put Settle in this class.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Bingo. When I looked at the grid I thought, "Whoa, there aren't a whole lotta bodies there," whereas we have a plethora of defensive ends (and yes, I understand that we'll use a whole lot more of one than the other).

Kindell's picture

I agree.  I think Settle will become the top priority on defense like McMillan was this year. There is a few guys listed as DE's that could slide inside as well.  Settle looks like he could start in college now.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Where is this scholarship grid you guys are talking about? Looked all over the site but I can't find it. 

DMcDougal24's picture

Took me a while but I found it. Under the recruiting tab at the top there are three stories listed and to the right of that are five tabs- Football recruiting, football scholarship grid, basketball recruiting, basketball scholarship grid, and recruiting forum. May be PC only? Hope this helps.

KBonay's picture

I wasn't aware that ESPN ranked High School prospects...

+11 HS
TimmyZ's picture

I also thought I heard they were getting out of that realm.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

If the Buckeyes don't land Brandon Wimbush the chances of landing Minkah Fitzpatrick go way down.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Do you think two guys like Wimbush and Gibson would be willing to commit to the same school in the same year?  Both of them are studs and I don't see them coming to the same school knowing one will eventually be sitting the bench.  

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

What I think is if we landed Wimbush it would not affect us getting Gibson. Gibson is an extremely confident player.

However, I don't know if that happening would impact Wimbush's commitment or not. He could decided to open things up after that happens. Or be content to challenge for his position.