As is the case every year, the Buckeye state, or the state of the Buckeyes as I like to call it, is RICH in premium football talent for 2015 and will be sending a number of seriously talented kids to D-1 programs across the country. Here is my top five list of in state talent, these are the kids that I'm hoping the staff makes a big push for:
1. Justin Hilliard OLB Cincinnati St. Xavier. This kid is a beast. He already plays at an incredibly high level, already has his Buckeye offer and I think the Buckeyes are in good shape to land him. I've always felt that a program worth it's salt will always find a way to land it's best in-state recruit, and for my money, that is Hilliard.
2. Eric Glover-Williams ATH McKinley Canton. Again another blue chip prospect, EGW is a thorough bread, and actually plays QB for his team. In the Buckeye offense, or defense for that matter, he will make a huge impact, he's just purely a football player. I'm excited to see what he does in Columbus as he is already commited.
3. Jerome Baker ATH Benedictine Cleveland. At 6'1 205lbs and running a 4.5 (has been alleged to have been timed at sub 4.5) 40, Baker is the combination of size and speed that some Buckeye recruitniks have felt we've missed on over the last couple of years. Baker I believe is favoring Ohio State right now, and hopefully they can close on him.
4. Hjalte Froholdt DT Warren G Harding. This kid is getting comparisons to Bjoern Werner who played at Florida State. Not sure if it's the Europeon influence or what, but when I've seen his film he just looks like a beast. He's an Arkansas commit currently but I think he could be swayed in fact 24/7 has him favoring either Michigan or Ohio State. At the moment I think he is just waiting on an offer.
5. Larry Scott RB Hubbard. Another beast of a kid at 6' 205lbs. He runs like a mack truck and has speed to burn. I like Scott, he's a machine with the ball in his hands and I think the Buckeyes are counting on him being in this class. I like his versatility as a back in terms of his ability to make tacklers miss, but also lower his shoulder and run them down.
Honorable mentions: Shaun Crawford a Michigan commit at DB, CJ Conrad TE from Lagrange, Darrin Hall a RB from Fitch in Youngstown, and Tyree Kinnel a DB from Wayne in Huber Heights.