Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 start time guesses

+3 HS
hetuck's picture
April 22, 2017 at 2:46pm
12 Comments

Nothing has been announced, but we can make some educated guesses. This site consistently has the best information about TV and network carriage. I will also point out he was the first to pick up on the B1G backing off from Friday games. 

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com

So far, he has IU on Thursday at 8:00 PM on ESPN, Oklahoma 8:00 PM on ABC, and Army at noon on ESPN. I give him high marks for divining OSU's Homecoming date from the nursing major's web page as 10/7 against Maryland. If OSU follows pattern, that game will start at noon on BTN, one of OSU's two required appearances (I'll guess UNLV as the other, perhaps a 6:00 PM start like UC a couple seasons ago?)

Also note what he says about Fox rolling out their lineup on 5/15 followed by ESPN the next day. I expect we'll learn the contract details shortly before that. If Fox is paying the premium that's been reported, I expect they will get first choice every week. If so, I'd expect IU to go to Fox to premiere their B1G coverage. I have no idea what crappy reruns they would have on Thursday night, but I'm sure more eyeballs will tune to see the Buckeyes. I have no idea who has the media rights to TTUN - Florida, but I'd still take OSU-IU as the most attractive game that week. If they get first pick every week, I'd expect them to take Oklahoma also, but weekend programming for them is a dicey proposition because of their other obligations. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments