Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I'll proudly stand behind JT Barrett

+31 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
April 16, 2017 at 1:09am
283 Comments

Before I start, I will admit that this is a bit of a rant.

I'm sick of everyone ripping on JT Barrett. Is he perfect? No. Does he have stuff to work on? Yes. But is he a proven winner? Yes. Has he shown that he is a Heisman caliber player when he has a competent OC and QB coach? Yes.

I'm going through reading articles and comments today, and for some freaking reason, half of you all want to bench JT because the two backups looked good. They throw the ball all over field against back up and freshman DB's while they stand in a clean pocket knowing they can't be hit. You're right, they looked good. They also couldn't have had more perfect conditions to do so. 

JT is a winner (26-4). He already holds more records than you can count, and he's in easy striking distance of so many more. He's the program's first 3 time captain is history. He set the world on fire in 2014 before the Ed Warnner/ Tim Beck disaster show cost us at least one National Championship. Not that any of his haters will admit it, but he looked good today. His throws were on target and in small windows (check his TD). He only made one bad throw, and don't you dare try to blame his interception on him. 

If you want to bench THAT QB, then whatever, what's the point in having a Heisman contender run the offense anyway? We can just let the two backups who have never played a meaningful snap step in because we know for sure that they will out preform Ohio State's best statistical QB in history.

If you don't like Barrett, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how uneducated I believe it to be. But I'll proudly stand behind Barrett. And I'll still be here when he shines this fall and shuts you all up.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 283 Comments