Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Friday Night Ramble: What a Time to be Alive (a Buckeye)

+2 HS
ScarletAndGame's picture
April 8, 2017 at 12:16am
27 Comments

Hello friends *Jim Nantz voice*. It's a Friday night and I'm sitting on my couch reminiscing. Care to join?

It is one of my philosophies to maintain a healthy sense of perspective. Perspective is beneficial for one's soul, and our overall mental health. It helps us think about our current situation in regards to others. Perspective is a good thing. I'm a big perspective guy (gets down off cardboard box labeled "Perspective", folds it up and places under sofa where it will remain another 7 weeks unused).

As a big fan of Ohio State, I wear my passion on my sleeve, much to the demise of my Chicago coworkers. I find myself getting caught up in the moment in regards to the program. How are the new positional coaches integrating into the staff? Who's the next big recruit coming to town? When's the spring game? Jim Harbaugh said WHAT?! Fortunately, with this program, we have the ability to get swept away on a daily basis. To be clear- these are all good things. 

Let's take a moment to admire where we sit in the current mix of collegiate football. From getting kids to the draft, to winning against TTUN, the Undisputed Natty, top five recruiting classes that are as regular as an individual on a prune juice diet, and last but not least, Luke Fickell's 6-7 season UFM as head coach.

Case in point, I'm a proud Buckeye fan and it's great time to bleed scarlet and gray. As the Khakied Devil himself says, "Who's got it better than us?"

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments