Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Early DB Outlook 2017

+2 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
March 14, 2017 at 11:41pm
26 Comments

Ohio State just lost 3 players to the NFL in it's defensive backfield, they might all go in the 1st round. We also just signed a legendary hall at DB with Sheffield, Okudah, Wade, Pryor, Williamson, and Riep.

The loan returning starter is Damon Webb who had a rough go of it being targeted heavily throughout the season. While he is a solid tackler, he was consistently out of position or straight up beat in pass coverage. He lacked the athleticism to make "Wow" plays outside of a tipped pick 6 and a solid hit on the Oklahoma TE.

Safety candidates for the year include Erick Smith, Jordan Fuller, and possibly Okudah. I would not be surprised if Fuller and Smith end up as the two starting safeties. 

At corner Denzel Ward and Damon Arnette have seen a number of snaps. I believe Ward locks down a starting corner role. Arnette had his struggles and must improve if he wants to become a starter. Sheffield, Wade, and Okudah are all uber-talented individuals who will be gunning for the job. I can see Sheffield winning this battle.

Starting DBs for the TTUN Game: BCB: Denzel Ward FCB: Kendall Sheffield SS: Erick Smith FS: Jordan Fuller NB: Jeffery Okudah.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments