Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OFFSEASON STUFF - Time to try some 2 QB Plays?

+1 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
February 8, 2017 at 9:55am
76 Comments

There's not much to talk about after signing day, so the offseason is the time we get to beat dead horses (15-16 playcalling) and imagine using offensive systems OSU will never use (the diamond). 

My first submission to the wasteland of offseason posts is raising the possibility of some 2-QB system plays. 

My reasoning: Tate Martell. Tate is both a terrific passer AND runner of the football. He'd make a good H-back in his own right because he runs a 4.5 and is really shifty in space (looks similar to Jalin Marshall when running).  However, he has TRUE arm talent. And if the pass isn't open, he can scramble. 

I could easily see us using plays with JT/Tate similar to Louisiana-Monroe, as talked about by Chris Brown on his Smart Football blog. 

http://smartfootball.com/spread/louisiana-monroes-two-quarterback-zone-read-system#sthash.mXWUdfpw.dpbs

It’s not your father’s two-quarterback system. In their wild 47-45 shootout loss to Baylor, ULM brought out a rarely seen wrinkle, a two-quarterback zone-read-esque system. ULM coach Todd Berry put both of his quarterbacks in the game and had his right hander take the snap and flow to the right while his left hander take the mesh point and roll left. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments