Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why You Should Never Make Urban Meyer Angry (From Land of 10)

+3 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
January 9, 2017 at 4:24pm
58 Comments

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/wrap-never-make-urban-meyer-angry-tv-ra...

here’s a set of numbers pertaining to Ohio State football that hasn’t gotten enough juice the last 10 days:

Two-for-two.

As in, two national championships.

Urban Meyer has led teams to 12 bowl games. The Buckeyes coach has only lost three, counting that mugging at the hands of Clemson at the Fiesta Bowl on New Year’s Eve.

After each of the other two postseason defeats, the 2007-’08 Capital One Bowl to Michigan, and the 2013-’14 Orange Bowl to Clemson, a funny thing happened.

Actually, the same thing happened.

In both cases, the very next season, Meyer won it all. Two bowl losses, followed by two titles.

Congrats, Clemson.

You just made the bear mad.

Now I'm not the sort of person who believes in streaks of 2 (2 isn't a streak, just a repetition), but I am a believer in Urban Meyer, and I'm also a believer in the youngest team in FBS coming back with most of its pieces intact. Our receiving corps and secondary look to be the hardest hit by NFL departures, but we're also bringing in new talent in both areas as well as already existing options who've just been waiting for their chance to shine. We have stupid options at QB, our running backs look solid, and our passing game can only improve with Kevin Wilson as OC. 

Penn State is our biggest obstacle to a B1G Championship and a route to the playoff, and we get them at home with an extra week to prepare. Michigan will be rebuilding, who knows if Michigan State will be any good this year (and we don't play them just before Michigan like the last few years), and we don't play Wisconsin in a crossover game, which is fortunate considering they might be an 11-1 or 12-0 caliber team next season.

A national championship in 2016 would have been wonderful, but there was no reasonable cause to ever think this young of a team would accomplish that. 2017 though...

Bring on Indiana, bring on Oklahoma, bring on Michigan. Bring it on, world, the Buckeyes are coming, and they're hungry as hell.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments