Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2017 Quarterback Situation.

+2 HS
Buckeyechuck5's picture
January 5, 2017 at 8:49am
110 Comments

Good morning dubbers. With the recent news that JT will return for his senior year, it raises a lot of questions headed into next 2017. I have already observed some heated debate over a few scenarios. First off, lets just assume that Urban opens up the QB battle and the best QB is named the starter. If the starter turns out to be anyone other than JT, at what point does Urban announce the starter? One would think that if OSU decides to go in another direction that Urban would make it clear to JT in time for him to still transfer to a school that he could start for and maybe get a shot at the pros.....wouldn't he? If JT is named the starter, do we have a QB that is not named JT transfer out? If so, who would it be? It would have to be Haskins or Burrow because unless Martell is the second coming of Peyton Manning, dude is red shirting next year. What is the Stephen Collier situation? if I am not mistaken, he will be a Junior as far as eligibility goes (correct me if I am wrong). All this being said, I have 5 burning questiions:

1) Will there be an Open QB comp.?

2) If JT wins the job, will it be because he is the best QB, or because Urban to loyal for his own good?

3) If JT does not win the job, at what point does Urban tell JT and does he transfer?

4) If JT wins the job, who that is not named JT will transfer? Or will they all stay?

5) If JT does not win the job, will it be Haskins, Burrow, or Martell?

My personal opinion is that Urban should open up the competition and may the best man win. I know JT has and is currently taken his lumps. I personally tend to think that Haskins might be the best option, but if I knew what was best, Urban would have given me a call by now. (maybe he did and I didn't recognize and ignored?). In any case, I as well as everyone else, have watched JT lead our team through some dark times and be a relentless leader and gut it out on several occasions. I for one hope JT is embracing all of the negativity. I for one have been an athlete that has competed in many things and nothing ever drove me more than being doubted and hated on. So JT if you are reading this, hold onto what just happened in the Fiesta Bowl and let it drive you this off season. If you keep your job as starting QB at THE, it won't surprise me as it will be yet another notch on your belt of guts grit and determination and at that point, you have one job and that is to win the 2017 national title. Nobody will be more deserving if you do indeed overcome all of this and rise like the dark night and go woop Bain's ass for the Natty.

Alright dubbers. Let the debate begin, you guys never fail to entertain me. Happy Thursday and Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 110 Comments