Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Let's Acknowledge The Prowess of the Silver Bullets

+11 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture
January 1, 2017 at 9:17pm
19 Comments

We've been constantly reading, hearing, criticizing, and complaining about the ineptitude of the offense (and rightfully so), but amid this time of gloom, let's take at least a moment to applaud and appreciate the greatness that was the Silver Bullets this season. I personally think this year's defense played better than last year's, and that's extremely high praise considering last year's D had three first-round picks on it. And the secondary was one of the best I've ever seen. They had seven (seven!) pick-sixes this season.
And for all the questions that we have had about Meyer's ability to hire assistants on offense, he's made some outstanding hires on defense, and with the help of Coaches Johnson, Fickell, Coombs, Ash, and Schiano, the Bullets have carried this team for the past two seasons.
So from this Buckeye supporter, I thank the Silver Bullets for a spectacular season, and bid farewell to Luke Fickell. I hope there's less "Fire Fickell" threads on Bearcat message boards than there were here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments