Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2016 Buckeye Uniforms Best Ever

+1 HS
cinserious's picture
December 31, 2016 at 11:51am
36 Comments

Let me start out by noting the Ohio State Buckeyes' standard uniforms are the best in the game, especially the scarlet homes. In addition to those, we also had some fantastic alternate uniforms this year as well. 

For example: the 1916 throwback unis from the Chic Harley era was a great way to honor that iconic team that finally got us over the Michigan hump and Nike did a masterful job of blending in original elements with a modern look. The matte black helmets were sweet too! 

Then comes the uniform for the Michigan game. My favorite alternate of all time. At first the differences are subtle, like black numbers on the shoulders longer black socks and what appears to be an elongated black shirt between the spectacular scarlet jersey  and grey pants. And for the icing on the cake, they are topped with those bad-ass matte black helmets again. Oh, and I also appreciated the mouthpieces with fangs. It just fit perfectly with the 'hungry wolf' mantra of the young 2016 Bucks!

I'd like to hear other's opinions on this subject or let me know if there are any 2016 unis I missed. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments