Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Penn State over Ohio State for CFP arguement

+3 HS
Urbanologist's picture
December 5, 2016 at 1:35pm
126 Comments

First let me say that at the end of the day none of this matters because the decision has been made, and OSU is in. But there is discussion on some of the sports shows where folks have made statements that PSU should have been chosen over OSU. Specifically I am watching Russillo and Kanell.  I have always liked Danny Kanell, he has been one of the most balanced and fair minded guys out of all the pundits on TV over the last few years. So normally I agree with his thinking. Kanell seems to believe that PSU has a better case to have been chosen because of the head to head win, and the Conference Championship. I agree that both those achievements are favorable , BUT, how is it possible that those arguing for PSU seem to forget that not only does OSU have 1 additional top ten win, but also only has one loss compared to PSU's two ? I mean why is it even being discussed ? PSU, UM all lost a additional game for christ sake. And to add insult to injury, they lost them to unranked teams. This isnt some small advantage for OSU, or Washington. In fact even if PSU had an additional top ten win to equal OSU's 3, they still have lost an additional game. It makes no damn sense at all, what matters more than wins and losses ? Like I said, the decision has been made, but it pisses me off to see folks undermining the credibility of the committee with a argument that doesnt even make sense. Having 1 additional loss is a huge deal, not a small one that these guys seem to be overlooking. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments