Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Will you see any merit in the Wisc/Penn St argument against Ohio State's inevitable Playoff berth?

+2 HS
LCT's picture
December 2, 2016 at 6:56am
102 Comments

Interested in y'all's thoughts here.

If Wisconsin wins tonight they'll say "We're the champions of the Big Ten and it took Ohio State overtime to beat us.  Sure we have two losses but that's only one more than the Buckeyes have and our other loss was to no. 5 Michigan on the road by one score.  It's Not Fair."

If Penn State wins tonight they'll say "We're the champions of the Big Ten.  Also, WE BEAT OHIO STATE.  Sure we have two losses but that's only one more than the Buckeyes have (did we mention WE BEAT OHIO STATE?) and our losses were to no. 5 Michigan and ranked Pitt (who beat Clemson), both on the road.  By the way WE BEAT OHIO STATE.  It's Not Fair."

I think these arguments are not without merit.  On the other hand, I do believe we're better than both Wisconsin and Penn State and I'm good w/ the Buckeyes getting the nod over either*.

*What I'd really like to see at this point is Penn State crush Wisconsin and get the 3 seed so we can play them again.

I think the current system (4 teams selected by The Committee) isn't long for this world.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 102 Comments