College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Big 10 Conference Championship confusing

+1 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture
November 29, 2016 at 9:10am
33 Comments

Sorry if this was brought up before but I'm a little confused. With all this talk about conference champions getting into the CFBP and what not. I found myself trying to make sense of the Big 10 Championship.

Could someone explain to me how these scenarios make sense? I know I’m overthinking it a bit, seems like Algebra, but how can C beats A, B Beats C, A beat B equate one team over the other two teams.

1. Penn State loses to Michigan but beats Ohio State but Ohio State beats Michigan = 

2. Ohio State loses to Michigan but beats Penn State and Penn State beats Michigan =

3. Michigan loses to Penn State but beats Ohio State but Ohio State beats Penn State= 

I’m fine with whatever happens and feel like Ohio States’ done its job. With SoS, win-loss margin,  and quality wins all being in their favor. But with head to head and conference titles not in their favor, and many people suggesting there should be a premium on conference titles. The decision for conference title games being decided by head to head to head to head to head to head. leaves my head spinning.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments