Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Atmosphere in the Shoe Yesterday - THE GAME

+12 HS
Crumb's picture
November 27, 2016 at 4:34pm
31 Comments

I've been to about 30 games in Ohio Stadium. Including the last four against TTUN, the 2012 Kenny G miracle against Purdue, 2009 Big Ten Championship against Iowa, and 2004 when Nuge beat Marshall with a 55 yarder at the end. I was tough on the quietness of the Shoe against Northwestern and in awe of the rebound against Nebraska and how the fans effected the outcome. 

All of those games together don't come close to how loud, insane, and alive the Horseshoe was yesterday. 

Toward the end, even ushers were allowed to just watch. On coworker refused to come out into the stadium and stayed on the concourse because every time he came out to watch the game something unfavorable would happen towards the Buckeyes. 

After having been on my feet in the cold for 8 hours when Durbin kicked his way to redemption and unsung hero status, my freezing unsteady legs couldn't hold me up anymore but my nameless best friend of the day who's seat was right next to my post got me on my feet for OT.

Before kickoff 4 F-16s flew over the stadium, but as the teams prepared for OT and Urban urged the crowd to their feet, the student section lead the way as the stadium became louder than those for jet fighters. 

Throughout both overtimes the crowd maintained that intensity. I screamed and shouted so loud and so long that I began to get dizzy because I was just inhaling deeply and then roaring and I wasn't getting enough oxygen. 

Seeing most of the stadium not just the students jumping up and down to the theme of Seven Nation Army was awesome. 

When Curtis Samuel scored to end it, Ohio Stadium on the banks of the Olentangy erupted. I'd like to have seen a seismograph as 110,045 (more if you were able to count the gate crahsers and their were many) jumped up and down and screamed. Strangers hugged one another and stormed out onto the field. Singing Carmen Ohio, All I Do Is Win, and Sweet Caroline were special as well.

That was the experience of a lifetime that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I love Ohio. Go Buckeyes!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments