Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ranking the Game - In your lifetime

+2 HS
Joebobb's picture
November 26, 2016 at 7:58pm
31 Comments

What a classic. One of the best of all times with so much on the line and a win by the good guys. I still am riding high. That being said, while this was an instant classic, it still ranks below 2006 1v2 matchup because it was domination by Ohio State.

As great as this was, I think this game ranks #4 on my all time great games for me personally.

To me, #2 was the 2002 game. Although TTUN was not as strong, it sent us to the national championship which ushered in the modern era of Buckeye dominance.

No #3 was 2001 - Because as someone who came of age in the 90s it turned the tide.

No 4 was todays matchup because of what it meant to the playoff picture, how close it was, and that at the very least it ruins TTUNs season. As great as this win was, we did not dominate like the others and I feel we were lucky to escape with a W do to some fortunate bounces we got.

Would love to hear others thoughts on the bests in their lifetimes.

I also put 2005 and 2013 up there too for honorable mention, but 2013 was not quite a classic because TTUN was so overmatched that year and we barely scraped by.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments