Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Did you know the BIG West is 11-9 against the East?

+1 HS
Grisle's picture
November 25, 2016 at 7:52pm
22 Comments

I was kinda surprised when I learned this earlier. The top of the BIG East did very well with tOSU, TTUN, and PSU going 5-1 vs the West, however, the rest of the East went win-less against their western counterparts. Top to bottom it seems like the West is the stronger division.

Edit: It was brought to my attention the original numbers I had are incorrect. tOSU, TTUN, and PSU are 8-1 against the west and the West is 11-9 against the East with only Maryland having a win against Purdue as the only other team in the East with a win against West teams. The East has also enjoyed the home-field advantage playing 14 of 21 games at home. Indiana still has yet to play Purdue so it could finish 11-10 in the West favor.  My mistake, I had heard the record or read it somewhere earlier today and when I went to gather the stats had a brain fart and kinda forgot we went to 9 conference games this year thus playing 3 cross-division games instead of 2. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments