Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What concerns you the most about facing Michigan.

+7 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
November 20, 2016 at 5:47pm
215 Comments

It's The Rivalry.  Anything can happen.  Looking at the game, from a distance, Ohio State has home field advantage, both teams field excellent defense's and both offense's have been prone to struggling, from time to time.  OSU and Michigan faired about the same against Wisconsin, Michigan handled Penn State and Sparty better than we did.  Both teams are 10-1, will a ton on the line.  Michigan will be the best team we have played, probably, in the past 2 seasons. Going into The Game, what worries you most about the Wolverines?

for me:

special teams return game- Jabril Peppers may not be the best defensive player on the field, Saturday, but his presence as a returner has me worried a bit (visions of Woodson in my head).  He has repeatedly made the first wave of tacklers miss this year and returns kicks with a hunger to score (he seems to be more aggressive this season).  On the other side of things, OSU has had sketchy  to non-existent punt return game.

Jabril Peppers on offensive Gimmick plays- he didn't do much last year, but OSU had Darron Lee and seasoned linebackers that set the edge well and were able to track him down, making sure tackles for little or no gain after contact.  Chris Worley has stepped up his game, lately, and we will need him to play well.

JT Barrett throwing on Michigan's secondary- impossible to expect OSU to play the upcoming game against Michigan's defense and play a perfect game.  Michigan has a good DLine and pressure on the QB has really stalled our offense at times this year.   In multiple games, JT has stared down receivers and thrown bone headed iNT's....Barrett will have to be smart and accurate, because this will be the best secondary we've faced since Wisconsin.

Sure you could say everything worries you, because it often does me.  Though I'm confident OSU will play well and fight hard, this is a game of #2 vs #4.....a heck of a matchup.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 215 Comments