Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Favorite Anti-@ichigan Stories

+8 HS
EZE4TD's picture
November 19, 2016 at 11:50pm
22 Comments

I have a few but my favorite came a few years ago, getting ready to coach my son’s baseball team. I live in North Carolina and showed up for the coaches’ meeting, and between the t-shirts and conversations, guys were fans of UNC, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Illinois, and two for NC State. So this guy comes walking up wearing a @ichigan shirt, and as it turns out the guy running the league is also a Buckeye, so he starts giving the guy in blue a hard time. I kept my mouth shut, because I’m incapable of doing it in a joking way and get pretty nasty really fast. To my surprise, the other guys there started ripping TSUN to shreds. I was surprised because outside of the Illinois guy, I didn’t think the others would have such strong feelings. And it started to get pretty nasty. Now mind you this league is put on through a church, so the guy running the league who started the whole thing now feels bad, and goes, “OK, OK, that’s enough. Let’s leave him alone.” As he’s saying it, a guy comes around the corner wearing a Syracuse shirt. The director says, “Let’s start picking on the Syracuse guy.” Without missing a beat, the Syracuse guy steps into the group, looks over, and says, “Why the hell would you pick on me when there’s a guy over there wearing a @ichigan shirt?!”  Screw blue! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments