Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Atmosphere in the Shoe Yesterday PART II

+8 HS
Crumb's picture
November 6, 2016 at 7:42pm
16 Comments

Fellow Buckeyes, I would have thought all 108,000 people in Ohio Stadium at read my thread last week. The Horseshoe was alive last night my friends. The student section in the south stands where I work was especially insane. I invited the fans that I welcomed to the Shoe to be loud and boy were they ever! The kids were going so crazy that they were getting loud on second down! Ohio Stadium stayed loud until mid way through the 3rd Quarter. 

I was especially proud of the class the state of Ohio showed. The SF27 of Nebraska's honoring Sam Foltz was painted onto the visiting team tunnel for the game. Foltz and his family were given a standing ovation.

When Tommy Armstrong went down with a scary injury the fans gave him a huge hand when he got to the ambulance. The students even started chanting 'Tommy! Tommy! Tommy!' (Think 'Rocky' from the Rocky movies). And when he came back from the hospital and went to the Nebraska sideline there was no official announcement but the video of him heading to his team was put on both video boards with his name beneath him and Ohio Stadium gave him a standing ovation.

It was also military appreciation night and the best part of that to me was people of the Ohio National Guard taking the oath of enlistment and becoming soldiers, and the fans gave them a much deserved ovation as well.

Proud of every member of Buckeye nation, from the water boys to the coaches, from the fans to the players, it was an amazing night in Ohio Stadium.

Go Buckeyes

Beat the Ms

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments