Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Where is our Up-Tempo Offense?

+3 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
October 31, 2016 at 1:13pm
39 Comments

We saw it as we demolished Michigan and ND. Meyer promised more of it this year. From Tim Shoemaker's spring article: 

If the on-field results weren't obvious enough, Urban Meyer made things pretty clear during his press conference Tuesday that he liked what he saw from Ohio State's offense during the final two games of last season. But perhaps what the Buckeyes’ head coach was most pleased with, and what he specifically singled out, was the pace at which his team played.

“The last two games, I want to say [the offense was] 80 percent tempo and it worked out really well,” Meyer said. “We’re going to do a lot more up-tempo offense than we’ve done.”

That sounds like it could be quite entertaining.

Meyer's comments, of course, shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anybody who watched Ohio State against Michigan and Notre Dame.

It'd be more of a story if Meyer said he wanted to go away from how the Buckeyes ran their offense in those final two games.  

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/03/68632/urban-meyer-on-ohio-states-offense-will-be-a-lot-more-up-tempo-than-last-season

Tim was right. It IS more of a story that the Buckeyes have largely gone away from uptempo. I'm not great at math, but if 80% of our plays against Michigan and ND were uptempo, and we got those results, I'd say "let's do more of that" (just like Meyer was saying this spring). 

Getting tired of the Beastie Boy offense: "slow and low - that is the tempo."

Still love the song, though.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments